Lunch Bag Questions

Joy B.
on 7/19/12 8:37 am - MD
RNY on 06/04/12
What do you have in your luch bag or do you carry one?

I dont have on yet but I was watching a video on yuotube.
(towards the end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYI4gNHP5A0&feature=bf_prev&l ist=ULcY1UDXZFUBA

I am on may way to WalMart to see what I can find.

WifeMama
on 7/19/12 9:04 am
RNY on 06/21/12
 I don't carry one, but I am always looking for quick, healthy, high protein on-the-go foods.  Some things I've found:  Reduced fat cheese sticks, Quest protein bars, individually packaged reduced fat peanut butter (just one serving in a small little cup - it's great with 2-4 high fiber, low-carb crackers), Greek Yogurt (find a flavor you like - my fav is Chobani Apple Cinnamon - YUM!) I freeze it and eat it like ice cream (can put it in snack-sized baggies for portability), and almonds (the cocoa roasted ones are yummy, but I also like the smokehouse and habanero flavors - they have the 100 calorie packs for easier portability, but I just buy the bigger bags and portion them out).  Those are just the ones that are on the top of my list.  
LJ1972
on 7/19/12 9:35 am - FL
I just toss stuff in my tote bag. I have access to a fridge if I need it. Mostly I carry stuff like turkey pepperoni / laughing cow cheese, quest protein bars, raw veggies, raw fruit, almonds, cottage cheese, etc
soozieq
on 7/19/12 10:28 am
If I know I'm going to be gone from home awhile, I grab my daughter's little elephant lunchbag.  I pop an ice pack in and usually throw in some cheese, nuts, cottage cheese, or a little container of tunafish or something leftover from dinner.  It really depends on how long I'm away from home.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Btrue2u
on 7/19/12 4:19 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
The world according to eggface is a great sight and she does bento box lunches loads of great ideas  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

NIXMOMMIE
on 7/19/12 6:10 pm - NC
I am a bit anal about what I eat so here goes...
When I go to work (i work 3 12 hour shifts in a row) I have the following
Mini crock pot or George foreman grill(mini)
protein powder
pickles
vites
B12
a can of tuna
small jar of peanut butter
Progresso soup (Lentil or Ministrone) I usually add ground beef or chicken to up protein)
whole grain bread (1 slice is 5g of protein)
Drink sticks (kool aid, tea,different flavors)

qnmimi
on 7/19/12 6:24 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I work 12hour night shifts, so I pack enough food for 2 meals, and 2 snacks. Tupperware has really nice 1 cup containers (so do other brands like snapware, rubbermaid) They don't take up too much room in a regular sized insulated bag. I have access to a fridge and microwave, so that's all I really need. I did buy a "pack-it" I saw advertised on TV...works pretty well, but you have to remember to freeze it prior to use for the day. I do a lot of cooking at one time, and premeasure meals to stick in the freezer for when needed. I think it's too bad that there aren't many frozen dinners you can buy at the grocery store that are WLS friendly, ie low carb, high protein, low sugars. Sometimes I'd like a shortcut!!

christinalee
on 7/19/12 10:21 pm - At Home in, NH
I have a nice little black and white insulated bag that carries all the food I'll need while I'm at work and going to the gym. This includes:

breakfast (eggs/turkey sausage/fruit)
lunch (leftovers from the previous evening's meal/veggies)
snack turkey pepperoni/string cheese, greek yogurt/blueberries, nuts or something similar
vitamins to take at breakfast and lunch
and separate from my lunch bag I take drink sticks and 32 oz of poweraide zero

Oh and I usually carry a quest bar somewhere on me just for "just in case" needs

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Dee.spunk
on 7/20/12 3:14 am - Sacramento, CA
I usually carry a protien bar from Costco, some nuts and my lunch, usually chicken or tuna. I have a small insulated that goes with me everywhere I go. That way I'm never unprepared.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views