DUH! Protein Shake Flub up! HELP!

Babbs
on 7/14/12 11:56 am, edited 7/14/12 12:16 pm - Charleston, IL
RNY on 06/12/12
 Well we can all tell that I'm not a spring chicken anymore, but small print is not to be ignored I guess.

I was getting the whey isolate protein 30 gm protein per scoop, 130 cal, also says "not to be used for wt loss purposes."   I missed it totally.  Walmart, Meijer, CVS, Walgreens- doesn't have any other choices.  

Atkins taste good but only has 15g protein and makes big tummy ache and gas bubbles that do not pass easily.
EAS-yuk

We have been short of money because of me having to take time off for surgery.  So what do you all suggest.  I need cheap and good taste but high protein

I thought maybe that was why I only lost 19 lb this 1st month.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:  because he trusteth in thee. IS 26:3    

wendydettmer
on 7/14/12 12:00 pm - Rochester, NY
I don't think there is anything wrong with the powder. i am pretty sure a lot of them say it because it's not a weight loss product.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 7/14/12 12:04 pm - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the carbohydrates are low. 30 g protein with 130 calories is very good.

Wanda K.
on 7/14/12 12:05 pm - Hope Mills, NC
RNY on 04/09/12
I use the whey isolate protein.  You are not using it "for weight loss."  You are using it as a supplement.  It is a good source of protein and I will continue to use it.  I use the chocolate and it tastes good.  I called GNC prior to surgery and they told me that the isolate is what they generally give to surgical candidates.  I am using it strictly for the protein in it.  It is a supplement to my diet.  I don't feel I am using it "for weight loss."  Like I said, I will continue to use mine because it has a high protein content. 

Wanda 

HW: 282, SW: 244.4, CW: 211, GW: 140   

Vicki D.
on 7/14/12 12:06 pm - TX
RNY on 06/12/12
 Mine say the same thing but if you think about it, you aren't using it to lose weight, you are using it as a protein supplement -- which is what it is made for -- it is fine, just a FDA technicality.

poet_kelly
on 7/14/12 12:49 pm - OH
You probably only lost 19 pounds the first month because that's almost five pounds per week and three to five pounds per week is an average rate of weight loss (according to my surgeon) and you are normal person losing at a normal rate.  I don't think it had anything to do with your protein powder.

What's wrong with the protein you were using?  30 grams protein and only 130 calories seems fine to me.  Saying that it should not be used for weight loss purposes - is that the same as saying it should not be used by people that want to use weight that need a protein supplement?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sandyfeets
on 7/14/12 2:09 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
You are not using it for weight loss---that was what your surgery was for.  You are using it as a dietary supplement---to make sure you get enough protein in.   Keep on using it.  Best of luck.

hedrider
on 7/15/12 1:26 am - Midlothian, TX
 You're fine. They just put that on there so people don't use it for meal replacement plans like Slim Fast. 
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

TamaraL
on 7/15/12 8:27 am
Many people use the Body Fortress protien from Walmart. I have a hard time with the powder protien but can tolerate this one better than others.
it is a good source of protien.  We absorb whey concentrate and whey isolate very well

ummm. how much did you expect to lose the first month because 19 pounds is pretty average for the first month.  You should only expect 3-5 pounds/week the first few months and then it will slow down. Some weeks you may not lose.  alot  of people stall  around 4 months.  I am saying this so you don't get disappointed if some weeks you don't lose.  Its normal!!!

Tamara

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 492 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 555 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 544 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 255 views
Recent Topics