Complication and in the hospital:-(

tracy L.
on 7/6/12 5:48 pm - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hi everyone!! I have been off here for a week or two and thought this was a good time to check in!! I am lying in my hospital bed wide awake Yes, hospital bed!! Last night I had emergency surgery for severe left sided abdominal pain that my surgeon believed was from small intestine kinking over on itself. He has fabulous instincts and after a ct scan that was done to make sure no more surprises in there, it was off to the o.r. for laparoscopy and he had to tack down the mesentary so that it can't happen again!! I am ok, sore of course!! My poor belly button is very sore- it had just healed from RNY 6 weeks ago!!! Lucky me, Dr. Alley used same incisions, only one new tiny one I would have been able to go home yesterday but I am unable to urinate yet and have been straight cathed 3 times so far I just gagged down almost 600 ml of water but cannot go, even sat listening to water run and nada- just don't have to go- can't go Had this issue after RNY too but it resolved quicker. Ah well, hope all my friends are doing well

Dani Dutch
on 7/6/12 7:40 pm - Netherlands
wishing you a speedy recovery
fireflymkz76
on 7/6/12 10:30 pm - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
poor thing!  feel better soon!
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
Hollie313
on 7/6/12 10:58 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
Tracy!  I was wondering where you were.  I was going to text you, if I ddn't see you
on here by next weekend.  I'm so sorry you are having some issues.  Praying you
are out, up and at 'em asap.  Hugs!!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Dave Chambers
on 7/6/12 11:20 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Good your doc was on top of your situation, as an intussecption is a much more serious issue. I know of one post op woman who had an issue with her intestine "placement" post op, and her intestines too were sutchered to prevent movement in the future.  Her intenstines are fine a couple of years later, but she says she has severe gas.  She jokes that she lives alone, and she can't even blame the gas odor to company on her dog, as she doesn't own one.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

CandieHearts
on 7/6/12 11:35 pm - Orlando, FL
VSG on 05/17/12
Ooo, Im sorry sweetie!

I hope you feel better soon and get home to recover quickly!

Sherry T.
on 7/6/12 11:52 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
I sometimes have problems going too, i turn the faucet on and think of niagra falls...lol crazy but sometimes it works!!   

Hope you are on the road to a speedy recovery!!  Hang in there!!! 

Sherry
MrsLitch
on 7/7/12 1:56 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
if the toilet is next to the sink and you can reach the running water turn the water to warm and stick your fingers under it as you listen to it, see if this helps. I used to work in a nursing home and it was the only way to get a couple of the residents to go on the potty.

Good Luck! Hope you recover quickly!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

wendydettmer
on 7/7/12 2:12 am - Rochester, NY
i hope you feel better soon!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

dasie
on 7/7/12 2:18 am
I had the same complication on May 15th with surgery as well.  You sound great...glad everything went so well.  I too have a great surgeon for whom I am very thankful.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 471 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 462 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views