EGD results and questions

cegirl6
on 7/2/12 3:05 pm, edited 7/2/12 3:07 pm - Westminster, CA
RNY on 03/12/12 with
 So today I had a scope done and I have an ulcer where the bypassed intestine is attached to my new stomach pouch, but the gastro doctor also told me that I have a large pouch, much larger than ones she has seen in the past.  She assured me that it was made that way and I didnt stretch anything, but now I wonder how that will affect my weightloss....  I dont see my surgeon untl the 18th...so any advice or comments would be appreciated...thank you

poet_kelly
on 7/2/12 3:09 pm - OH
That really sounds like a question for your surgeon.  I don't know how large "much larger" is and I don't know why your surgeon chose to make your pouch that size.  Maybe that's the size he usually makes them?  And maybe his patients usually do just fine with that size pouch.  I don't know.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cegirl6
on 7/2/12 3:14 pm - Westminster, CA
RNY on 03/12/12 with
 Me either..lol..He's on vacation and I need to see him and not the PA's, so I have to wait.....the dr just said any scopes shes done on bypass patients, they have a smaller pouch than me..makes me wonder...lol

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/2/12 3:16 pm - OH
Yes, talk to your surgeon to find out how much bigger your pouch is and what the rationale was for making it larger. 

Your new eating habits, however, are by far the most important part of the surgery not your pouch size.  Your pouch will naturally enlarge over time, anyway, so measuring portions (and keeping portion sizes in check when you are farther out) and following the post-op eating plan -- protein first always, limited carbs, NO drinking with, or right after, meals -- will be far more important to your long-term success.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 288 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 283 views