Soft foods Ideas

fawnracene
on 6/15/12 6:30 am
RNY on 06/06/12
I am already getting bored of stuff on the soft foods that I have been trying, Refried beans and cheese yummy, eggs are yummy, cottage cheese is yummy, I need more ideas of stuff to eat. PLEASE HELP!

courtwillbehealthy
on 6/15/12 6:45 am - burlington, VT
 i was told fish was ok and tender chicken. cooked veggies. but thats all i know for now xD 
moviechick00
on 6/15/12 6:45 am
Revision on 05/17/12
 I am with you I am so sick of protein shakes re-fried beans and cheese and eggs.  I started adding fruit, Greek yogurt non-fat, vitamins put it all in the blender with ice making it into a smoothie.  It was approved by the nutritionist at my docs office.  I was thinking about making some cauliflower mash adding non flavored protein.  I am pretty much stuck with soft mushy foods.

hw 255 Realize band 2/10 lw 206 (slipped/moved caused lots of pain)
weight pre-op 225 revision RNY 5/17/12
poet_kelly
on 6/15/12 6:59 am - OH
Beans, chili, meat, seafood, cooked veggies, tofu, veggie burgers, Greek yogurt, soft fruits.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kathyshrinks
on 6/15/12 7:01 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
I don't know what your doc considers "soft foods".  I was allowed to eat anything I could mash with a fork, provided that I actually mashed it and/or chewed it up really well.  No seeds! (like little strawberry seeds). 

Ideas: 

Deli meat & cheese rolled up
Fish that is moist and tender, with Greek yogurt sauce (mix little garlic and dill into some FF Greek yogurt)
Canned chicken with low-fat mayo and Mrs. Dash
Mashed potatoes with low-fat gravy that has baby food meat mixed in
Bean soup with baby food ham mixed in
SF pudding made with enriched milk (mix in 1 cup of dry milk in a quart of fresh milk and it doubles the protein)
Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat/Cream of Rice made with enriched milk
Greek yogurt mixed with SF pudding mix for flavor
Marinara suace with baby food meat mixed in
Eggs (scrambled, poached, boild or fried, but poached is gentlest on the pouch)

That's all I can think of for now.

Bebhihn
on 6/15/12 8:36 am - IA
I add plain greek yogurt to mashed potatoes to add protien to those.  It's yummy!  I'm allowed cottage cheese as well.
Just When The Caterpillar Thought The World Was Over, She Became A Butterfly. 

--Proverb

MAXALBRIANACATE
on 6/15/12 9:09 am - WI
I am 4 weeks out and for dinner tonight I made shrimp with marinara with a little parmesan on it..yummy! Lots of protein too!

You can have peanut butter, I am fine with strawberries and raspberries..Did you try the ricotta bake..that got me thru and taste like lasagna minus the noodles...cream soups?
artroxy blue
on 6/15/12 10:16 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Fat-free ricotta cheese with a few pumps of your favorite sugar-free syrup has been a pleasant addition to my protein list. 1/2 c = 12g protein. I know it's not as high as Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, but it's a break. If you want, you can add protein powder to the ricotta to boost the protein. 

White fishes, like haddock

Blenderized soups

Soft fruits and veggies (skins removed), added to yogurt or cottage cheese 
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 489 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 470 views