To all the vets out there I NEED HELP

airforcewife78
on 6/12/12 12:01 pm
I had my surgery on 08/03/2011 I've lost 81lbs. I have been at a stall for 3 months. There is no breaking it. I intake 60-80gm of protein PER day. I workout in the morning and at night. I keep track of my calorie intake thorugh Myfitnesspal. I don't know what to do? I am depressed over this. I had this major RNY surgery and I see everyone around me having these amazing results and here I am stuck at just 81lbs lost. Anyone here can give me input on how can I break this stall once and for all? Also I do great w/ water I drink up to 9 glasses PER day. Not sure why my body is going through this but almost 4 months in a stall is super depressing.
poet_kelly
on 6/12/12 12:04 pm - OH
Hmmm.  How much more weight do you want to lose?  How many calories do you get in a typical day?

What does your surgeon say about this long stall?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

airforcewife78
on 6/12/12 12:07 pm
I haven't called them. I called around Feb. and they said "You are close to goal that's why your body is stalling" YEAH OK makes no sense! I intake about 1000 calories per day. I want to get down to 140lbs so shed another 40lbs. The surgeon had me at 160lbs as his goal weight so I am 20lbs away from that. I am seriously depressed over this. I walk 3-5 miles per day in the morning then go to Zumba and workout. I am burning around 1,500 or more calories per day. Kelly I am lost I don't know where to turn to anymore. I hate calling the surgeon and the NUT because they both give me the same song and dance "your body is close to goal its gonna stall" that makes NO sense.
poet_kelly
on 6/12/12 12:11 pm - OH
I'm gonna suggest increasing your calories a bit.  I know that sounds backwards, but sometimes it speeds up the metabolism or something.

Also, have you had your thyroid checked lately?  If not, I'd get that checked.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

airforcewife78
on 6/12/12 12:15 pm
Kelly I've thought about that. I am going to make an appointment and get it checked out. I think something is wrong with me. This is just insane. I am busting my behind every single day and nada. No results. I'll let you know what I find out.
poet_kelly
on 6/12/12 12:17 pm - OH
I think that's a good idea.  Let me know what happens.

airforcewife78
on 6/12/12 12:23 pm
I will. I am calling my PCP tomorrow morning to see if I can get in there sometime Thursday morning and get this done. I will log back in and give you an update.
happy_baker
on 6/12/12 12:30 pm, edited 6/12/12 12:51 am
RNY on 02/15/12
"You are close to goal that's why your body is stalling" YEAH OK makes no sense!

Actually, it makes perfect sense. Your body is noticing that it doesn't have much fat left to lose, so it's holding on with all its might. Fat is what keeps us alive, ives us energy, protects our organs, nourishes us in times of famine. It's important, and your body doesn't want to let it go that easily.

Have you tried seriously changing up your workout routine? Strength training is a really good way to get fast results, especially in inches. If you're alreayd lifting weights, you could up the resistance or sign up for a circuit class. Something totally new and unexpected that will shift your metabolism and musculature into a whole new mode.

Also, if you're Zumba'ing and working out, 1000 calories may not be enough, especially as far out as you are. That's not even enough to cover most peoples' BMR. You might consider adding 500 calories per day or so for a couple weeks and see if that helps. If your body is struggling to find fuel, it's not going to release fat nearly as quickly. Giving it a boost could help a lot. If you're working out and sweating, an intake of 1500 healthy calories is not going to cause you to gain weight.

[Edit to add: Sorry, not a vet. But I answered anyway.]

_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Laura in Texas
on 6/12/12 12:10 pm
How tall are you? What exactly are you doing for exercise? Weight training will build muscle which will increase your metabolism. how many carbs are you getting each day? Are you getting enough sleep?? Have you tried upping your calories to 1200??

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

airforcewife78
on 6/12/12 12:13 pm
I'm 5'2 I am doing walks in the morning up to 5 miles at times. I am doing Zumba in the evening which is 1hr. So I am working out about 3 hrs per day. My carb intake is very low. I only allow myself 2 servings of starches per day. I am sleeping fine 8+ hrs sometimes more. I haven't up my calories in fear of gaining.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views