wedding dress question

volky64
on 6/12/12 4:35 am
ok, as i'm sure some of you already know, I recently got engaged!!!

anyway, so now comes the planning and more planning part of it.  I'm about 9 months out of surgery.  I've lost just about 100 pounds.  I know I'm still losing, but at what point do you think it safe to start looking for a dress.  I still have a good 75 pounds to lose, of which I'm planning to get there

the wedding is not till somewhere between May 2013 and October 2013, so I do have a little time, but the anxiousness in me wants to go shopping now!!!!!!

what do you guys think??
Zeigled
on 6/12/12 4:38 am - Parkton, MD
HOLD OFF!!!

You'll spend more in alterations if you don't wait a bit - many folks here are still losing a lot up to 12-15 months out.
HW 357 SW 341   

momsal
on 6/12/12 4:40 am - PA

Congrats on the engagement and the weight loss!!!!

I don't see anything wrong with shopping now   talk to the sales person and let them know what is going on and get their advise.  You can at least get an idea of what you like!!! 

Plus it's FUN!!!!!!!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3alHmD/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w3alHmD/weight.png[/img]

volky64
on 6/12/12 4:56 am
it's so hard to wait.  i just wanna go out and shop!!! lol,  I did figure I probably should wait a little bit longer, but at what point do you think i need to just do it? 
MichelleNC
on 6/12/12 5:02 am
 I would suggest waiting as long as you can. Go try on dresses at this point fall in love with one even. Find out the latest you can order it and go back at that time. I suggest if you must buy one ASAP buy the simpler the better because altering a heavily beaded gown is hard and expensive.nsometimes impossible. I worked for David's part time after I quit my job to be a s.a.h.m. And I learned tons from the seamstresses. Good luck congrats but if I were yu I would hold off buying your dream gown for sometime you still have over a year!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

volky64
on 6/12/12 5:03 am
I think you girls are right.  I'll look.  and try on.  but I don't need to buy any time soon.  I'm just so ecstatic!! 
swampwoman
on 6/12/12 5:22 am - Hampton, NJ
Just a little tip.  If you have not bought your shoes yet, you should really wait on those also.  My feet got smaller when I lost weight.  I used to wear a 8 1/2 wide and now, down 112 lbs, its a 8M.  Just a thought...  Congratulations and I agree I would wait to buy that dress!! 
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
twobabies06
on 6/12/12 5:44 am
Congrats!  I think you should go out and look and try things on as well.  If you are really in the wanting to buy things for the wedding, go ahead and start finding decorations or linens etc.  Look at invitations and thank yous as well, that is also fun to do!

NevillesMom
on 6/12/12 6:13 am - MA
It is an exciting time...if you want to look now- enjoy it. I do not recommend purchasing a dress until the fall. At that point your weight loss will have slowed. You usually need about 6 months notice for most dresses and for a fee you can even pay to have the dress rushed if you need to.

Dee.spunk
on 6/12/12 6:26 am - Sacramento, CA
You should wait as long as possible. I bought a dress for a party two weeks before the party and the weekend of the party I had to find something else to wear cause it was to big! You don't want that to happen with your wedding dress.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views