NSV! I'm normal?! (women)

brwneyz
on 5/30/12 11:42 pm
I have PCOS and have two kids...our son (almost 7) we didn't need fertility treatments (I was 290 at conseption), and our daughter (2.5) we did need one round of fertility treatments (I was 325 at conseption).  With our daughter I didn't get positive ovulation tests, but did get one the weekend our son was conceived.  With her I had to take meds to start my period, etc.  Well, my husband (who is deployed until September...so we have time to think about it without jumping into unprotected sex one night) and I have been considering having a third, but this time we want to do it in a "what happens happens" way.  If God wants us to have another child we will have it, if not, not.  I have been tracking things and stopped the pill a month and a half ago, and things are becoming "normal"!!  I actually even got a positive ovulation test this morning, and am having the signs of ovulation!!  I know it is TMI, but I am so excited and feel like a real woman again!  
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

Monisha M.
on 5/30/12 11:44 pm - CA
RNY on 07/11/12
Congrats...I can only imagine how exciting that must be. =)
Monisha        
soozieq
on 5/30/12 11:47 pm
As someone who has PCOS, I'm excited for you!!!  I've never had a positive ovulation, but miraculously wound up with two children.  Go figure.  God had a plan for me!  Wishing you the best of luck.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
tantaboof
on 5/31/12 12:35 am
RNY on 05/01/12 with
This is pretty exciting for you and your family. CONGRATS.  i have PCOS and have been told becuase of my weight i will never have children.  I am one month out from surgery and i am hopful one day.  We've tried for 7 years, and last year started the adoption process.  While home recovering from my surgery, we were placed with an 11 month old little boy.  BEST week of my life, and I pray, just like you one day I am "normal" and I am able to give our new son a sibling!

brwneyz
on 5/31/12 12:49 am
Congratulations on your little boy, that is so exciting!  My doctor said it is a lot easier to get pregnant after losing weight!
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

laura_vermont
on 5/31/12 1:03 am
Woot!!!  My youngest dd took 5 years of being poked - prodded - drugged.... so happy that this might be the answer!
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

manda2108
on 5/31/12 1:04 am
 I have PCOS as well but since the month after surgery I've been having regular cycles. I have never had more than 2 cycles a year so its been an adjustment..lol I never made sure to keep tampons/pads in the house before. I go see my OBGYN next week and hope to get a better view on what the current status of my PCOS is. Best of luck to you!!

slashes
on 5/31/12 1:50 am
That is great news !!!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Michelle P.
on 5/31/12 2:52 am - FL
RNY on 05/14/12
Awesome! I have PCOS as well and Monday will be 3 weeks post op for me. I had been getting regular periods every 35-40 days while on my pre-op diet and loosing 35 pounds, I was actually due for a period the week of surgery, but 3 weeks later and nothing! Hopefully things will "normalize" in a few months, we are hoping to concieve in a few years, if not that's ok too, (we also have male factor infertility) good luck!

Amber H.
on 5/31/12 3:12 am - UT
RNY on 06/01/12
 Oh I can't wait for this. I already have one child, and I'm really unsure about having another. My period is never, ever been normal...and I'm sure it's because my body weight has never been normal. I hope this brings the period back - I feel kind of androgynous without it. 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 233 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics