As I lose the weight, I find courage to do....

timetoloveme62
on 5/1/12 8:53 pm - VA
 I am finding that as I lose this weight I am finding the courage to do so much more in life.  As so much in my life is changing, I want to challenge life and live it with all I have.  I am so excited today because of what my newest challenge is going to be.

I will be turning 50 this year and in accordance with my wanting to be healthier and enjoy life more I am entering my first ever 5k!  I have till Oct to train and am super excited.  I don't know wether I will run it all or not, and that isn't the point...the point is I am going to try.  With this surgery there are obviously training obstacles but I am ready and I am getting the neccessary medical advice to be smart about it.  

Just wanted to share my excitement..

Melanie
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/12 11:05 pm - TX
RNY on 06/11/12
You go girl! And why not? I have not had my surgery yet but I will on 6/11/12. I'm just as excited as you are and I want to do something in the same lines as you in November. I may not run I may walk it but just the same, I am going to do something with my new me! keep up the good work.
beth1010
on 5/1/12 11:20 pm
RNY on 08/01/11 with
Congratulations to you.

I have lost 100# and still have some more to go. I have found that I have gotten a new lease on life and am now trying a lot of things that I couldn't or wouldn't do at my prior weight. 

This is an absolutely amazing feeling to be experiencing.

Good uck on your 5k!
Most Active
Recent Topics