Date Set!

Notlookingback
on 4/27/12 1:11 am
VSG on 05/11/12
Finally have everything set. It's been quite a journey! Whoever said you had to be your own best advocate was right!

I'm finally scheduled for May 11. While discussing the surgery with my doctor he mentioned that it might be a possibility that he encounters alot of adhesions and scar tissue and would have to convert to VSG. I have an old appendectomy scar from 1987. The surgeon that did my surgery then was very old and apparently thought the bigger the hole, the better. It's about 7" long and 3/8" wide. I know my weight probably stretched it some but it was always larger than most incisions. Anyways, that whole thing took me by shock as I was so focused on RNY. I agreed to allow him to convert if it wasn't possible to bypass.

So I'm scheduled, not exactly sure which procedure I'll have but honestly, I'll be happy with either one. I'm just ready to get to use whichever tool I have and get slimmer.
Cherokeesage
on 4/27/12 1:42 am
RNY on 02/24/12
Yeah !  It's just around the corner.  I totally agree with allowing the surgeon to do what is best for you.  I totally trusted mine to have my best interest at heart.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Skinnygirlme
on 4/27/12 2:30 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Happy for you!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
dianabelle12
on 4/27/12 5:41 am
Im glad you got your date!It will be here soon,good luck!

CathyD1968
on 4/27/12 5:44 am - OH
RNY on 04/30/12 with
 HI! My doctor also told me that I may have too much scar tissue(from an exploratory surgery 30 years ago) to do the RNY and that if he can't that he will do the VSG. I am hoping things go well with surgery (4/30) and he can do the RNY but if not, I will use the VSG and continue on my journey! Its kind of weird not knowing what I will wake up with! Good luck to you!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVe5uXv/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wVe5uXv/blk-weight.png[/img] [/url]        
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 232 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics