Outside Labs for self pay

silli-jilli
on 4/17/12 9:35 pm - WI
Has anyone had to use those independent labs before? My insurance company won't pay for my bloodwork as it is "weight loss" related. Grrr...whole other issue....anyways, I was looking online and found DirectLabs and was wondering if anyone has used them before.  My cost would go from $450 (thru dr office) to around $150. Wanted to hear some feedback before checking into it though.

Also if you know of any that may offer discounts or coupon codes, let me know.

Thanks!
Jilli

Eliza55
on 4/17/12 10:35 pm - PA
Although I was self-pay for the surgery, my labs were covered, and still are - presumably because they were to assess vitamin deficiencies etc.  Perhaps your primary care physician can request the same labs, and they will be covered.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

silli-jilli
on 4/18/12 8:17 am - WI
nope. total cost of surgery covers the doctor visits for a year that does not include labwork though. Was pretty ticked off about that. My PCP will only request a glucose & lipid panel once a year, no vitamin checks for my yearly exam. I will be searching for a new PCP and switching to a different insurance company during open enrollment for sure!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views