Forum Directions Please - Weigh****chers?

Koko M.
on 4/11/12 2:04 am - Albany, CA
I'm not sure where to look or where to post. I have stopped losing weight "naturally", and settled down between 159 and 164. Which is still a good 15 to 20 pounds from where I want to be ultimately, and after waiting long enough to be sure that it's not just a plateau, I've rejoined Weigh****chers for this last push to goal.
But is there a place or forum here at OH where people discuss post-WLS weight loss? I mean, planned or programmed weight loss? I don't want to irritate people by posting what would amount to OT threads about this here just because I had Roux-en-Y, but I haven't really seen anything else in the forums list that looks appropriate. I don't consider myself a "graduate" since I haven't made goal, but this kind of thread wouldn't really be Roux-en-Y specific, either...

Any suggestions?
( Anyone wanna tell me where to go? )

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

sweet-tart2012
on 4/11/12 2:19 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
  Welcome.     Oh, Koko!  You left yourself wide open with your last comment.  I'll be good and not go there!                      (I'm having trouble being serious today.)  The graduate program seems to hold you to accountability so that actually might work out for you.  Also, don't know why you can't post here.  We have several old-timers who can offer suggestions to you.  Try journaling again if you've stopped.  Maybe you are eating too many carbs.  Try out our recipe divas....theworldaccordingtoeggface and bariatric foodie.  They have some great recipes!  Are you exercising enough - maybe you're just eating too many calories for your energy level.  Best wishes

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/11/12 2:23 am
There is a group - Back on track together... people who either try to lose last few lbs or who try very hard to lose regained weight or just maintain...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/discuss ion/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

KittenLove
on 4/11/12 3:29 am - Around Knoxville, TN
girl, you are a graduate so get on over to that forum : ) I don't post a lot there but I read every day and there's a wide variety there.

I'm in Operation 10 pounds myself right now -- of putting some on that I can take off. will it kill me not to? absolutely not but I think I want to just to prove to myself that I can. Does that make sense?

Be happy. 

exohexoh
on 4/11/12 3:48 am - West Chester, PA
 i'm right there with you. except more like 20 to 25. i'd really love to lose it by my sister's wedding (which isn't til july 2013 so i know it's totally do-able!). it's just frustrating that even if i'm staying at 1200 cals and working out 5-6 times a week i'm staying in the same 5 pound zone.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/11/12 3:56 am
If you are eating 1200 cals AND working out 5-6 times a week, I  believe you are not eating enough.

You may want to take in more healthy calories, I bet you'll start losing.
Use sparkepeople.com or my fitness pal.com these sites can recommend how many calories you should be eating for the type and amount of exercise you are doing.
Good luck.

rbb825
on 4/11/12 2:45 pm - Suffern, NY
Manytime by the point that you are at, you dont eat enough and that is why dont lose anymore weight.  You actually put yourself into starvation more - you are exercising an enormous amount and with the amount of calories that you are eating, your body doesnt have enough calories to sustain you, so it wont let you lose weight.  It actually decreases your metabolism.

What you want to do, is eat 6 times per day - high protein - eat every 3 hours to maintain your blood sugar sugar and optimizing your metabolism.  Since you are exercising so much, you can have some carbs just make them good carbs - fruts, vegetables, and whole grains.

Everyone of the 6 meals must have protei (3 meals and 3 snacks)  = have 2 fruits per day, depending on if you dump - is how you deal with fruit smaller amount if necessary.  Meals should be like 4 to 6 ounces of protein plus vegetables and a salad with lo fat dressing and you can have a small portion of a starch once per day while you are trying to lose the initial weight - if you dont want to, you dont have to but you need some carbs.

for snacks - you can have greek yogurt with fruit, or nuts with cheese, celery with peanut butter. or just a smaller meal - 4 or 5 shrimp, 2 slices of deli rolled up

I hope this helps

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/11/12 3:57 am - Baltimore, MD
I second BOTT (back on track together).

And so long as you are taking care of your protein needs, I say whatever works for you. Good luck.
Koko M.
on 4/11/12 3:58 am - Albany, CA
Thanks, Nik!

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Koko M.
on 4/11/12 3:57 am - Albany, CA
I don't know why Weigh****chers couldn't work now.  It worked for me before, it was just too slow for the amount of weight I had to lose - I'd lost 40+ pounds on WW a few times over the decades, only to get completely fed up to realize that I was still MO even after so much work. It's hard (as some may recall) to work and struggle and successfully lose so much weight, and then hit the reality check of still being huge. It would derail me every time.

It seems like now WW might be a better option, as now I'm working with a comparatively modest amount of weight - an amount where losing two or three pounds really would be a significant step towards goal. But we'll see, right?

I'll check out the other forums too, and I guess just kinda post where it seems natural...?

Koko   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 282 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 282 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views