weight loss predicter???

volky64
on 4/5/12 5:26 am
hey gang.
am i totally off the wall or is there some kind of prediction that if you lose x amount of weight by your 6 month mark, then you should lose x amount of weight by the 12 month period?  or by the end of your weight loss period??  or did i totally make this up?? lol
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/5/12 5:31 am
You make it up.
At 6 months most people can eat more and more foods. Some that do not follow the diet may not lose as much. On the other hand - I got really sick at 6 month - my GB had to be removed - so not only I had to follow a very strict diet for 3 weeks before surgery (due to severe pain) but also 2-3 weeks post op. That 1.5 month of being virtually back to liquid diet and slowly getting back to normal foods -  I lost a lot of weight...and was done losing at 10 months post op.
You can't predict how much you lose and when.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

volky64
on 4/5/12 5:35 am
I talked to my nutrionist about this at my last appointment, and I don't think she really got what I was asking.  She told me that the surgery is considered a success if you eventually lose between 50 and 75% of your excess weight.  I'm just about at 46% so far at the 6 month period, so I'm definitely on a good track, I just thought that I remembered hearing there was some calculation. 

Thanks for your reply :)
Char143
on 4/5/12 8:33 am - CT
 My doctor told me I should expect 75% initially but end up at 67%...then it is up to the individual to keep it off...but than again we are all different..I think these numbers are average

L
hedrider
on 4/5/12 5:37 am - Midlothian, TX
Nope, no calculation.  No two people fit the same mold - there are too many variables such as compliance, consumption, exercise, metabolism!
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

artroxy blue
on 4/5/12 5:42 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Someone posted this the other day. I think it's a good guide, but everyone will have different results. Hope this helps!

www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/post+op+planne r.php
Lori54555
on 4/5/12 5:45 am - Phillips, WI
I just read statistic (keep in mind as above, not everyone is the same) that you can expect to lose an average of 67% of your excess body fat in 12 months, 80% after 24 months.

volky64
on 4/5/12 5:59 am
Thanks everyone for your replies :)
hedrider
on 4/5/12 8:38 am - Midlothian, TX
 Just remember that's averages.  That includes everyone *****gains after as well.

I'm at just over 100%, and I'll most likely live at no less 98% as long as I keep an eye on my weight range and caloric intake/output.  You have control over where you end up ultimately.  With a little extra work you can get past where your body "wants to live".
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Heidi T.
on 4/5/12 10:16 am
RNY on 01/31/12
 My dr told me that by 6mths we should loose atleast 30% of our excess body weight and then we would be on schedule for a 60% weight loss in a year.  If we loose 40% of our ebw then we will be on track for 80%.  Hope this helps

an example is 
60% loss     -
100lb ebw  -  6mths - 30lbs  1 yr 60lbs
80% loss
100lb ebw - 6mth - 40lbs  1 yr 80lbs

Hope this helps

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views