weird stomic issue

Used2Bthin
on 3/29/12 11:35 pm - Canada

So I woke up at about 4:00am to go to the bathroom.  My stomic area was feeling a bit weird so when I laid down I did the usual rub my stomic thing.  Well When I did I could actually feel a large  bulge not in the stomic but just to the left of it.  I would say it was at least 4 to 5 inches long and 2 inches in width.  It was not painful (unless I pressed on it).  I tried to put my mind at ease and sent back to sleep.  It seams to have gone but I think I can still feel it if I push harder.   No pain with it.  Does this sound like something I should be worried about?

I am one year out from my surgery.

Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
summerjoyZ
on 3/29/12 11:42 pm - TN
 Maybe you should ask your doctor. I have not ever had a bludge in my stomach, but it could be fine or it could be something serious. I would get  my doc on the phone ASAP. 

littleskie
on 3/30/12 12:05 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Call and set up an appointment to see your dr. Do not take chances by waiting. This is why he gets the big bux after all. Follow up care is part of his job.

Good luck!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

mskris8199
on 3/30/12 2:15 am
RNY on 03/06/12
 Sounds like a hernia.  I would make an appointment for your doc to check it out!
HW: 292 lbs.  GW:160 lbs.  Dream Weight: 140 lbs.

Used2Bthin
on 3/30/12 2:52 am - Canada
I hate going to the DR's but I guess it is better to be safe then sorry.  I was thinking cause it didnt hurt maybe it was just some food that was moving to slowly thru my intestine or something.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
rbb825
on 3/30/12 2:33 pm - Suffern, NY
sounds like a hernia get it checked out now

Most Active
Recent Topics