PCOS & Metformin

ddematteis
on 3/23/12 10:29 am - FL
I know serval women on this site have PCOS of those of you who do are any of you being treated with metformin, and if so are you continueing to take even after weightloss??  
Katari
on 3/23/12 10:40 am - OR
I was taking met before surgery, but haven't taken it since leaving the hospital over 2 years ago.

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

seashell6417
on 3/23/12 11:00 am - Gaylord, MN
I stopped before surgery and am not taking it now.  I do continue to take spironolactone to help w/ hirsutism.
Tami

ddematteis
on 3/23/12 11:21 am - FL
 i looked up spironolactone because i also have hirsutism so i was thinking about asking my doctor about it  and i was reading some of the possible side effect and one is may cause  increased hair growth on parts of the body????? so its used to prevent hirsutism but may cause it???? isnt that a conumdum??
seashell6417
on 3/24/12 6:56 am - Gaylord, MN
It slows the growth down for me.  I actually take spiro w/ HCTZ in it as the HCTZ also helps combat fluid retention.
Tami

Bellarella
on 3/23/12 11:38 am
I stopped taking Metformin before surgery and haven't started since. Also, I tried spironolactone a few years ago but had bad side effect--rapid/fluttering heartbeat. it was something about potassium but I forget the details.

Lady_Samantha
on 3/23/12 11:40 am - Wellfleet, MA
 I was on Metformin and spironolactone and neither of them worked for me, I stopped them long before my surgery. I have PCOS and I haven't found anything that has worked for any symptom of PCOS except birth control. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 237 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views