totally stupid feeling....

cegirl6
on 3/22/12 5:18 am - Westminster, CA
RNY on 03/12/12 with
 OK so I'm exactly 10 days out from bypass and I don't feel like I've had anything done to me at all. If it wasn't  for my six small glued up incisions, I would never know that I had anything done.  I have had no nausea, no vomiting and all foods, with the exception of water have gone down with no problem.  I feel hunger and full just like before....I put away the scale because my weight numbers keep bouncing around and I only want to weigh once a week and I have yet to see a big weight loss.

Because I prepared myself for all the negative things that can happen, I feel like it was just a dream...did i really do it? Did the surgeon really do something? I know I should be grateful for the way I feel but my head still tells me that this is not going to work...anybody else feel like that?

poet_kelly
on 3/22/12 5:26 am - OH
Have you been around this forum long?  Because we see posts almost identical to this all the time.

If you were having a lot of pain, nausea, vomiting, other problems, you'd probably be worried and unhappy about that.  But you're lucky and not having any problems.  Try and be happy about that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mary hepfner
on 3/22/12 5:28 am - cudahy, WI
RNY on 01/02/12
i felt the exact same way right after my surgery. but im almost 12 weeks out now and i have lost 47lbs. give it a little time yet. dont over do it with the food and follow your doctor's eating plan and you will start to see results on the scale soon enough :) keep your head up! things will get better 

HW-387 SW-344 CW-224.4 STGW-180 LTGW-155

pattymac65
on 3/22/12 5:30 am
Yep very common feeling.  You're not alone.  Just follow your doctor's plan and it'll be fine!

manda2108
on 3/22/12 5:32 am
Within the first week I had some dehydration issues but after that week was over I felt great..make sure you are following your surgeons plan and measuring what your eating..it will come off! I'm a week shy of 3 months out and have lost 51lbs since the surgery..it will happen! 

cegirl6
on 3/22/12 5:54 am - Westminster, CA
RNY on 03/12/12 with
Thanks everyone.... I'm still on liquids for 11 more days..I felt hunger because I realized in the beginning I wasn't eating enough...I  have a list of what is allowed, but when I first started this journey I was given a sample menu that was not part of my new paperwork, same foods, just didnt include the previous sample menu... so I called the nut and was referred back to that..it does help to see what and at what time and how much you should eat and drink all day, even though not everyone will hit the same goal...when I compared the two I realized I was starving myself...thankfully, that feeling is now gone. My two week check up is on Monday and we'll see how it goes :)

JasminaL5
on 3/22/12 9:20 am - Wurtsboro, NY
RNY on 03/12/12
 I am the same way CE. I also had an awesome recovery, no gas pain, no vomiting, no nausea. I also was expecting something different lol but thankfully I got lucky. 

Although, I am having trouble getting down all my liquids. I do get full quick. I am drinking the Isopure juice drinks, 40 grams of protein in 20 oz. Great. But today, all I want to drink is cold water. I am getting tired of sweet drinks. 

I as well can not proceed to the soft stage for about another 11 days. I have lost 12 pounds before surgery and 20 after so far. 
happy_baker
on 3/22/12 9:39 am
RNY on 02/15/12
Haha! I get tickled pink when I read these posts. They make me happy.

I'm the exact same way. I'm 5 weeks out, and feel exactly the same as I did before...except not as hungry, have fewer cravings, and I look less fat.

It's a good thing. Enjoy it. Just be careful because it's easy, when you feel this good, to get complacent and comfortable and eat things you shouldn't. So stay vigilant.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views