Waiting Waiting Waiting

Giovanna_Morton
on 3/22/12 4:45 am
I've been going so crazy the past week as I had my consult with my surgeon last week and the paperwork for approval was just submitted today. A little nerve racking as I expected it to be sent next day but my coordinator was on vacation so understandable.

My husband knows me all too well and because he rocks my world on a daily basis, he gave me some news today that he called our insurance to inquire about the status of my approval and they confirmed that they did in fact receive the paperwork today and that the approval process will take about 2 weeks.

And now..............we wait some more!!!

Jennifer C.
on 3/22/12 4:51 am - TX
I feel your pain.. I did my last visit before paperwork was submitted on Feb 28th. My insurance person at the Drs office was out of the office the rest of that week, then the next week the person at the insurance office was out of town. I did call my insurance today though and I will have an answer tomorrow! I hope the next two weeks flys by for you...
310/296/135
HW/CW/GW

Giovanna_Morton
on 3/22/12 4:56 am
OMG it's enough to make you crazy right? lol.  Thank you for your kind words.  I hope your news is fantastic tomorrow and your journey even more spectacular!!!! 

Please keep me updated.
ah81164
on 3/22/12 5:03 am - GA
RNY on 04/19/12
Mine has been submitted too and I wait.......but I have another question, wonder how much I will have to pay out of pocket (estimate). My surgeon has to be paid in full before he does the surgery.

Good luck and I hope you get your answer fast!!!!!
Giovanna_Morton
on 3/22/12 5:06 am
Wow that's something new that I've heard.  I am doing everything through insurance and I'm fortunate that my surgeon does not require payment before the surgery.  Have you asked him what his fees are? Does he have a payment plan?  I wish you the best of luck too in your journey! 
manda2108
on 3/22/12 5:22 am
 I'm sure everyone's situations are different..but here are my costs so far..I got a bill for 500 from the pre op scope test. I got the EOB from my insurance company a few days ago saying that my "portion" of the hospital bill is just under 2500(they billed my insurance $48,000). I don't THINK that included any fees for my surgeon or the anesthesiologist however I haven't seen any bills or EOB's from them yet. It'd be great if those were included on the hospital bill but I think they will come separate. I have blue shield of california hmo. 

manda2108
on 3/22/12 5:25 am
 I also wanted to mention I think the 48k was a stupid amount...for my last c-section where my son was in the NICU for a week and I was in the hospital for a week the same hospital billed our insurance just over $50,000. I was only in the hospital for 30 hours with my RNY. 

Most Active
Recent Topics