Vitamins-Ok, so now I am confused??

Nikia S.
on 3/16/12 5:48 am - Garland, TX
Which vitamins have to be dry? Went to GNC and she had no idea of what I was talking about. Help please!!

Nikia S. ~~My not yet is way better than my right now~~
HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

Ramie A.
on 3/16/12 5:54 am - Bronx, New York, NY
They all should be "dry."  If the vitamin comes in a liquid or gel capsule, then it's in oil.  If it's a hard tablet or powder in a capsule then it's dry and is good. 

It drives me nuts when sales people at speciality stores have no idea what they're talking about!

Good luck to you,

Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

poet_kelly
on 3/16/12 5:56 am - OH
All of them, really.  All that means is that they are not in oil.  You know how some vitamins come in little football shaped things with oily stuff inside?  Those are not good for us.  Usually you find fat soluble vitamins in oil, like D3, A, E and K.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Healthyforme
on 3/16/12 9:29 am - WI
RNY on 01/18/12
So, can we take the vitamin d3 capsules?

poet_kelly
on 3/16/12 9:31 am - OH
Yeah.  Just the ones with powdery stuff inside, not the ones with oily stuff inside.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rbb825
on 3/16/12 1:22 pm - Suffern, NY
DRy D3 is in capsules

Nikia S.
on 3/16/12 6:02 am - Garland, TX
Ok, thanks, I thought it was some special form of the vitamins. I see what you are saying now. Thanks ladies :)

Nikia S. ~~My not yet is way better than my right now~~
HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

rbb825
on 3/16/12 1:19 pm, edited 3/16/12 1:21 am - Suffern, NY

It depends on how you look at it. When you look at a bottle of vitamin D and A - it should say Dry D and Dry A - others you just want to not be in oil

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 236 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 299 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views