New round these parts...

Jennifer C.
on 3/7/12 11:57 pm - TX
Hey everyone. My name is Jennifer. I'm new around here. I'm waiting to hear from my insurance about approval for the RNY. Hopefully we hear something in the next couple of weeks. I'm 28 years old, married with 3 beautiful children. I'm very excited and nervous for this awesome journey I'm about to embark on. I would love any tips tricks and tidbits of info anyone is willing to provide.  :) Hope to talk to y'all soon...
310/296/135
HW/CW/GW

kayleighs_mommy
on 3/8/12 1:40 am
Welcome.  And here's hoping you get a positive result from the insurance company soon. 
canigetthattogoplease.blogspot.com

RNY 12/20/2011

acabral08
on 3/8/12 2:32 am - CA
Welcome Jennifer!  And you are going to love it when you get to the other side.  Good Luck!!
manda2108
on 3/8/12 2:35 am
 Welcome! I'm 27 and have 3 kids..I'm just over 2 months out from my RNY. I'm going to add you as a friend. 

My insurance approval went fairly quick I was on the operating table within 2 months from my seminar. I did a year worth of research before I went to the seminar though! 

Blondie76
on 3/8/12 3:07 am - AL
Hi Jennifer! Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/12 3:13 am
Hi Jennifer... welcome!

My best advice to you is to read through as many thread as you can as you prepare for surgery.  You'll see posts from newbies post-op who need advice on how to get in fluids and protein, posts from vets who need a kick in the pants to get back on the wagon, and everyone in-between!  Keep in mind that MOST people post here to get feedback on something happening for them... so don't make the mistake of thinking that all these posts mean that everyone has troubles post-op.  Seems that most people who don't have any issues don't post topics... you'll just see them reply to other's topics with their perspectives.

Reading will give you a good idea of what you can expect post-op... like how to deal with stalls even when you're 'doing all the right things', varying perspectives on vitamins and lots of suggestions for good post-op recipes and places to shop.  In general, there are lots of people here who truly want you to succeed, and you'll usually get a straight-forward response when you post something asking for assistance.

Chime in where you can as all viewpoints are welcome... and the best of luck to you on your journey.

tori
Jennifer C.
on 3/8/12 3:57 am - TX
thanks for the welcome. I don't know many people who have had the surgery so I think this will be a great resource for me. I have a friend who's had the RNY, and he did really well at first, but has slacked and gained some weight back from not eating properly. I hope to be able to post and have support and accountablity from you here on the boards. Nothing like support and a kick in the ass from people who have actually been there.. :)
310/296/135
HW/CW/GW

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 301 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics