Weight loss and Ovulation???

boomsheeka01
on 3/6/12 1:30 am - Killeen, TX

Am I the only one who's weight loss COMPLETELY stops in the week of ovulation??  Why does that happen??

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

bubbylucy
on 3/6/12 2:07 am - Raleigh, NC
May I first just say congrats on that beautiful baby boy!!!!! It is no fun being a women when it comes to hormones. I always have more water weight problems with ovulation then I did with my actual period. This is proven true after I have had a hysterectomy. So no periods but still a long week during ovulation. Be patient because you have a lifetime of these hormones. Your body is still adjusting from child birth also.

Again it was great to see you post again, so we get to see the sweet baby

Audra

happy_baker
on 3/6/12 2:31 am, edited 3/6/12 2:33 am
RNY on 02/15/12
Yep, always has. I usually have two weeks where the scale either stops or moves in the other direction, and it has been no different since surgery. I usually gain 3-4lbs during the week in which my period starts, and I usually stay exactly the same when ovulating, two weeks later.

While ovulating, I figure my body is preparing for me to potentially become pregnant, so it holds on to my fat and water stores, just in case. And then during our periods, of course, we've got all that lovely endometrial lining, blood, and fluid built up.

When my body eventually realizes I'm NOT pregnant and lets all of that go, I usually see a drop.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Kaoz789
on 3/6/12 3:37 am
ditto here.. always gain or stop for 2 weeks, then resume.  Which is weird cause I had 80+ day cycles before surgery and after surgery exactly 32 days apart . sheesh.  Atleast one thing seems fixed.

Paul C.
on 3/6/12 3:23 am - Cumming, GA
 I haven't ovulated since surgery!
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Kaoz789
on 3/6/12 7:22 am
Or before it either I'll wager.

christinalee
on 3/6/12 5:53 am - At Home in, NH
Paul, get yourself to a GYN and find out why not!

Don't forget the corresponding increase in progesterone and decrease in estrogen during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle. Those hormones wreak havoc on hunger, moods, water retention, and a host of other bodily issues. Our cycles are a wonderment to behold, and a mystery and head scratcher most of the time...

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/12 9:54 am - NJ
Congrats on your sweet little baby!  

I am almost 3 years out, and for some reason, I gain that week, plus the week I get my period - so it's like I am gaining and losing the same 3 pounds every other week.  My belly gets all bloated too...so effing gross.  

This is pretty new to me though, it was never as noticeable as it's been just the past couple of months.

Maybe because I have been this weight for so long that I am finally used to it and a extra pound or two really makes a huge difference?  I am just so tired of having to deal with all of this crap every month....you've inspired me to post about it now.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 236 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 132 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?