Craving salad..how much?

abby04276
on 3/1/12 10:45 am
I am 2 1/2 months post-op and according to my plan I can eat 1/2 cup of food. I always have 2 oz. protein. If I have salad can I only have 1/4 cup? I didn't know if it squishes don so you can have a little more.
poet_kelly
on 3/1/12 10:47 am - OH
I can eat a TON of salad.  Lettuce just chews up to practically nothing, you know?  So I would imagine you can eat more 1/4 cup of it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RNYgirl2020
on 3/1/12 10:54 am
I'll have to agree! I'm 9 weeks out and I suppose to be eating about a cup of food...I eat a cup of it with absolutly no problem. I do add chicken, tofu.....some type of protein. VERY careful with the dressing too.
exohexoh
on 3/1/12 10:58 am - West Chester, PA
 i usually have about 1 1/2 c lettuce and then maybe 3/4 c of whatever else is on it (protein- chicken usually, cheese, tomatoes, etc)

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

illinois Gama D.
on 3/1/12 11:08 am
i also eat a lot of salad, I remember my Dr. telling me it was a good "social" food for me because i could have a lot of it and not feel so "lost" when we were out  and i couldnt just leave the table. It never seems to take me as long as everyone else to eat my small portion, so this way  i pick away at salad with them , win, win for me:)
poet_kelly
on 3/1/12 2:04 pm - OH
It is good social food!  I eat salad a lot when I go out to eat and I can eat enough of it and it takes me long enough to eat that I don't get finished way before everyone else at the table.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

chatterpam
on 3/1/12 12:48 pm - PA
I couldn't do salad until about 5 months out... I really missed it! One thing is that it fills up the pouch so be sure to get your protein first. Now that I am 8 months out I use a salad with fat free dressing when I am hungry before it's meal time. My nut told me that if I eat salad as a snack or between meals I can have about 2 cups. I just have to watch the calories in the dressing - even fat free dressing can be heavy on the k.

JerseyJim
on 3/1/12 2:16 pm - Sayre, PA
I actually just had salad for the first time the other night. My wife made some tenderloin, and after I ate my four ounces, I still had a little bit of room left so I ate about ten bites of lettuce.  I can't believe how much I missed it and how refreshing it was to have some. I've been focusing so much on my eating rules of protein first, that I typically don't get around to veggies. After eating the salad, I didn't really feel too much fuller than after just the steak so I might start incorporating a little bit into every meal if I have room.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

abby04276
on 3/1/12 9:54 pm
Thanks everyone. I think I will try a cup of salad today with lunch. I make my own dressing and I can make it with just a teaspoon of olive oil so it's not too bad. Also it's good to know about ordering it a restaurant. I wouldn't have thought of that.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views