I hate dumping, yet I continue to eat food that causes me

Paula C.
on 2/23/12 3:48 am
I must have a serious problem.  How do I stop this? 

I don't like the effects of dumping, but I continue eating bad food that causes me to dump.  I had two starbucks cake pops and i just had bad effects of dumping.

What's up with me? H ELP!  How do i stop eating that causes me to dump? 
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/23/12 3:56 am
Counseling.  You have a problem. Food addiction. You need to deal with it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

motherofe
on 2/23/12 4:02 am
I'm going to be honest with you.  I will eat foods that I know will cause me to dump but at that time I truly want it and feel its worth the dump.  However,  these moments are once in a blue moon.  I hate the effects of dumping so I try my darn est to avoid them at all cost.  If you eat foods regularly that you know will make you dump you might need to seek more help.
I can do this!    
poet_kelly
on 2/23/12 4:04 am - OH
I'm guessing it's a food addiction.  Or some sort of mental/emotional issue that is causing you to act in self destructive ways.

It's scary to feel that out of control, isn't it?  I've been there.  Not with regard to eating things that make me dump, but doing things I know are not good for me at all and part of me wants to stop and part of me feels like I can't.

I recommend therapy.  Not just because you don't want to keep dumping, but because if you keep making these kinds of choices and not having control, you're not going to be successful with your weight loss.  You won't lose as much as you want to lose, and/or you'll regain.  Plus, it just doesn't feel good to feel so out of control.

Therapy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Reel
on 2/23/12 4:09 am
 Of all the people that Dumping would have been an asset for, it would have been for me. I used ridiculous amounts of sugar in everything from cooking to coffee (12 packs in 1 medium cup). It was like crack, the more I had it, the more I wanted it.  

But during the pre-op diet I cut out all sugars. Post op, I;ve induldged in a couple of small slices of cake over a 4 month period, ate the frosting, no dumping. Went to starbucks once and got a soy chai tea latte and only let them use the usual amount of pumps they put in, instead of asking for 2 extra pumps.  I believe that dumping would have helped me stay on closer tract. But Im not doing bad now. I really drink water, and occasionally **** tea) that is lightly sweetened I think its 1/2 sugar and 1/2 sucralose. It's 50 calories a cup if I plan for a nice iced tea. 
Reel
on 2/23/12 4:18 am
 Not passing judgement but the thought deliberately eating food that's going to put me out of commission where I can't stand or be physically useful would cause me alarm. The same kinda alarm that I had when I would put the tip to a 9 volt battery to my tounge and got that aweful sensation, but kept doing it anyway. 

No "food crave" is worth being doubled over with heart racing over about. Sounds like you need to develop a different relationship with food. Thanks for reaching out for support. Professional help sounds like the key here. We all want to hear that you are successful, the way you are going is sabatoging. 
aaaaaaa
on 2/23/12 4:35 am
 I agree with you that it is a serious problem you are dealing/not dealing with.     Yes, you need to figure out how to get your head straight.  How to do that? Well, that is going to be a personal way that works for you.  Will seeking a counselor help you? Does your place of surgery, or local hospital have a group you can join to discuss your issues with others who may have some good words that will "click" with you?  Surgery gave us a tool, we still have to develop the good habits and the willpower.  The tool will usually help with that, because if you do dump, you won't want to have that happen again, but of course, not all of us dump a lot.  You do, but you are not listening to your body!!  You need to listen to it, and care about yourself enough that you don't put yourself through the effects of dumping.  No one can do that for you, but talking about it with the right people may help you figure out how to break the cycle. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views