1 week post op, and not feeling full off a little liquid

jobe R.
on 2/7/12 1:33 pm - RI
Not getting full off of a little liquid, WHYYY?

manda2108
on 2/7/12 3:39 pm
 I'm 5.5 weeks out and still do not get a full feeling..I think its normal due to them cutting your nerves. Just follow your surgeons instructions and get all your fluids in! 

Chilipepper
on 2/7/12 3:45 pm

They cut the nerves in your stomach...plus, you stomach has no pyloric valve in it anymore..its like an open ended funnel...liquids go in and go right out through the bottom.  I hope they stressed to you that you now have to measure what you eat and drink.  Please please don't try to eat until you fill full. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

dianabelle12
on 2/7/12 11:51 pm
Thats normal,thats why you should be measuring your food or liquids,it took me like 8 weeks before i actually started feeling full again

johnsoca
on 2/8/12 1:04 am - Madison, AL
It's normal to not feel full at this point. The nerves that signal "full" to your brain were cut during surgery. I didn't have that "full" feeling for months after surgery, although I learned new signals that let me know I had eaten enough (runny nose and/or hiccups). I also didn't feel real hunger for six months or so after surgery. This is why it's important to measure your food and eat according to a schedule for the first few months after surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics