Eating chili

jobe R.
on 2/7/12 1:14 pm - RI
I am a 1 week post op today, and I am eating chili just fine, am I wrong??

poet_kelly
on 2/7/12 1:22 pm - OH
Is chili on your doc's meal plan at this point?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jobe R.
on 2/7/12 1:28 pm - RI
No but it's soup, and soup is on the list. 

hedrider
on 2/7/12 1:36 pm - Midlothian, TX
 Chili is not really soup.  It's a soft food, maybe a puree although that's a stretch.

What diet stage are you in?
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

jobe R.
on 2/7/12 1:46 pm - RI

WELL I AM1 WEEK OUT, AND DURING THE 1ST WEEK I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE PROTEIN SHAKES, SURGAR FREEJELLO, CHICKEN BROTH, SUGAR FREE POPSICLES, AND CRYSTAL LIGHT.  BUT I DON'T GET FULL FROM THOSE THINGS, DO YOU KNOW WHY? I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO CHEW ON SOMETHING.

poet_kelly
on 2/7/12 1:53 pm - OH
So soup isn't really on your plan, broth is on your plan.  And chili is definitely not broth.

Feeling like you have to chew something and not getting full are two different things.  The feeling like you have to chew is in your head.  You aren't feeling full because A) when they did your surgery they cut the nerves that tell your brain you're full and it takes some time for that to heal, and B) liquids don't stay in your pouch long so they don't keep you feeling full.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Chilipepper
on 2/7/12 3:51 pm
You won't feel full...they cut the nerves in your stomach...did they tell you to measure what you eat.  You need to contact your nutritionist tomorrow and clarify with them exactly what you are supposed to be doing.  This are two cardinal no no's and you have asked about both in the first week.  I don't blame you...I think your nutritionist should have been more specific with you.  Most surgeons require a class on nutrition...did you take one?

Your tummy is raw and the size of an egg....you need to baby it. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

RonSudol
on 2/7/12 7:20 pm - NJ
1 week out and already deviating from your doctors plans.. No Bueno.

chili is not a soup, its not a broth.its not even a puree.... itsa heavy meal.. stick to your plan.. its not going to be easy, but nobody said it was supposed to be easy

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics