What did you eat when you were 3 weeks out!

Blooming B.
on 1/29/12 11:33 am - Pittsburg, CA
RNY on 01/04/12
Although I was running like crazy today and all I ate was some sugar free popsicles, jello, sugar free cookies and 6 pieces of shrimp all day, I still feel like I at too much. I didn't get my protein or liquids in I need some balance.
Qutee    
Gypsyw0lf
on 1/29/12 11:50 am - Regina, Canada
 When I was 3 weeks out I was barely eating much but I was on very soft foods, yogurt, cottage cheese, some eggs.  if you are eating shrimp your plan may be different than mine.  I was still doing 2 or 3 small protein shakes then just to make sure I wa****ting my protein goals

it's hard when running around, my weekends are that way, just I am not on a schedule on the weekend.  

Preplanning, I always do better when I'm prepared!

Gypsy

Bettisima
on 1/29/12 12:35 pm
At 3 weeks I was driving my protein mostly through shakes and 'eating' 1 ounces servings of refried beams, cottage cheese, yogurt and sugar free pudding.

My suggestion, focus on the protein and fluids. Get your mind in the habit of tracking these items and planning how you will reach your intake goals. At 3 weeks I couldnt have cared less about food. I drank protein only because I knew I needed 65 grams every day, and I plotted out on my calendar how much and when I was going to get protein in.
Tonya499
on 1/29/12 7:46 pm - Riverton, UT
 I'm 3 weeks out too.  Yesterday I had 1/4 c eggbeaters with a taste of sausage gravy, 3 pieces of shrimp, the inside of a piece of my DHs sushi, 2 oz of smoked pulled pork with SF barbecue sauce and 2 protein drinks.  All told between 5-600 calories and 80+ g of protein.  I'm losing pretty steady so I think I'm doing ok.

Start weight 226. Surgery weight 218 on 1/6/12    
dasie
on 1/29/12 8:08 pm
I was still on full liquids

Kady
on 1/29/12 11:16 pm - Lancaster County, PA
I was on a soft diet @ 3 weeks post-op.  Like the others that have posted, I ate:  cottage cheese, protein shakes, greek yogurt, low fat ricotta cheese, refried beans with low fat cheese, chili, baked white fish like tilapia and flounder, meatloaf made with ground sirloin,  & tuna, ham and chicken salad made in my magic bullet with a little low fat mayo. 

I didn't try shrimp until I was 10 weeks post-op.  Try to stay away from things like sugar free cookies, they are full of carbs and are of no nutritional value to you-especially when protein intake is so important.  At 3 weeks post-op fluids should also be a huge priority.  Whenever I leave the house, I bring several bottles of water with me so I don't get behind while I am out running around.

I also suggest you use a food tracking program to help you count calories, grams of protein, etc.  I use my daily plate on livestrong.com it is free and they have every food imaginable in their database.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 248 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views