Just need to vent!!

hstull1013
on 1/27/12 11:21 pm - AZ
Hello! I haven't posted anything in a while. Woke up this morning sort of in a funk. I have been trying to be very positive and optimistic the last two weeks since I started my weightloss stall. I am a rational person, I understand the reasons behind the stall and it is normal but at the same time it still really sucks!!

I have been so proud of myself lately with my eating habits and my working out. I actually LOVE to work out now. Never thought in my life I ever would and this would not be some thing I would have to force myself to do. I have accomplished so much physically in the last two months that you would think would reflect in my weightloss. So I feel like man I am putting all the effort in and I get on the scale thinking I may be lucky to see a pound decrease and nada :(

I know all I can do is keep up what I am doing and eventually the stall will break. I know it is silly to think that after almost four months I would be done losing but it is so damn discouraging!! I guess the honeymoon phase where the weight just flew off is over LOL!

I have been trying not to weigh myself constantly because I know this only makes it worst I was just hoping this morning after waiting a few days would have produced something worth being happy about. But I know this will pass and I keep trying to tell myself. I just wanted to vent and get out my frustration so I can move on with my day!

HW-361, SW 349, CW 299, GW 185  *20 lbs lost pre-op diet*
Day_dream_believer
on 1/27/12 11:49 pm
Around 4 months I started hitting 2 week stalls.  Maybe it would have happened anyway, but I found changing up my routine made a difference.  Change up your exercise routine.  Add a new type of cardio or do intervals a few days a week.  Look at what you are eating.  Make sure you are getting all your protein in.  I find it helps to journal my food on fitday or another website that tells me how many calories, carbs, protein etc I am getting. 

I have gotten to the point I expect stalls and they don't bother me as much anymore.  I know I have one or two weeks a month at most I will lose well.  The rest of the time the scale won't move. 

You have lost a huge amount of weight in 4 months.  it is only normal for it to slow down.  Not only that, but it is healthier for you. 

KerryJean
on 1/27/12 11:49 pm - IN
I would think that as you work out, you build muscle - and muscle weighs more than fat - so sounds like you're losing the fat and replacing it with muscle - hence the plateau in weight loss. Keep it up! I wish I had worked out as I had lost weight - I lost muscle mass as well as fat and I am now such a weakling. :( I've given up on opening jars.

Hattie T.
on 1/28/12 3:49 pm - Denver, CO
Beautiful picture!
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
BWB
on 1/28/12 12:43 am
You have lost 85 lbs since 10/4/11 and that sounds pretty good to me. My RNY was 9/1/11 and that is about what I have lost. I'm working out at the gym too and just lately have started to lose faster. I'm trying to eat more protein and drink more liquids so maybe that is helping. I've been relaxing my food restrictions and actually getting more calories. It doesn't help to get into a funk over it, that is counter productive.
Good luck, keep up with the exercise and you will start losing again.

jennifer W.
on 1/28/12 3:53 am
85lbs is awesome! When I hit 4mons out I noticed a big decrease in weight loss. Don't get discouraged it will come off. Have you tried upping your protein? Or adding more water?
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Cookietea
on 1/28/12 1:39 pm
Because of this site, I expected the stalls so was not too worried about it.  I did notice that even though the scale was not moving my clothes kept getting looser.  I really don't use the scale as proof that the surgery is working.  If I am doing what I am supposed to, then I figure everything is good.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics