BAD DAY

Teresa B.
on 1/27/12 12:54 pm - Waxahachie, TX
Ok...today was no good...actually this week has been no good.  I must be PMSing.  I do fine during the day, then around afternoon and night I can't quit the crunchy pretzel sticks.  It just started happening this week...sheesh.  Gotta get back on track.

Jenspunky
on 1/27/12 1:20 pm
RNY on 01/16/12

OMG... ouch! Those don't hurt or do you just chew them to total mush?

I know you're further along post-op than me, but I didn't think you could eat real food yet, lol.  Glad to see that it isn't causing you pain.  

Good luck getting back on track.  I don't think pretzel sticks are going to make you gain weight, unless that's what did it in the first place.  ;)

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/27/12 2:58 pm - OH
 At over 2 months out, many people's plans have them eating all but very hard to digest foods.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kidnamedtoad
on 1/27/12 2:53 pm
Don't be so hard on yourself!  What's done is done.  Tomorow is a new day! 
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/27/12 2:59 pm - OH
Your best bet, at least for now, is probably to get the pretzels out of the house.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Hattie T.
on 1/27/12 4:00 pm - Denver, CO
Lora is soooo right! You need to concentrate on your protein, vitamins, and water. Better snacks (rather, less harmful snacks) are SF popsicles, jello gelatin, jello pudding.

Good luck,

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
dasie
on 1/27/12 8:13 pm
Get them out of the house.  When I was newly post op, I had a hard time finding protein sources.  After several months, I began eating shelling sunflower seeds.  I think one serving was approx. 1/4 cup and 200 calories...which is not alot of volume.  The calories mounted fairly quickly, and eventually I had to stop purchasing them altogether.  Crackers became another issue for me.  I had to stop eating them totally too. I ate a few yesterday with my cheese, but it is rare I ever eat them.   You might want to consider giving them up for now, and carbs will make us only crave more.  For me it has to be out-of-sight...out-of-mind which means none in the house.

At night I eat SF popsicles.  I never did that as a pre-op, now they are my nightly treat, even 26 months post op.  Maybe you can find something else to replace your need to nibble.

Teresa B.
on 1/27/12 10:50 pm - Waxahachie, TX
My problem is wanting something salty and crunchy.  Pickles used to take care of that but I ran out.  I just need to go to the store and get more....much better choice than pretzels.  Man, I even ate a granola bar.  Starting all over today, but I'm a little scared...I won't be home all day but I will be busy so won't be thinking about food.  Thanks everyone for your comments.

Elvis1
on 1/27/12 11:34 pm
i eat cheese nips 4 at a time then craving is fixed an i m done
elvis 1
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 313 views
What's on your Saturday menu??