? on pureed foods

ohioman2011
on 1/21/12 6:04 am - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
RNY on 01/12/12
i was wondering if anyone can tell me good things to have on the pureed  food stage  i am starting it soon and i have no clue on what to have  and ideas would be great thanks all for your help !!!!!

ohioman2011
on 1/21/12 6:13 am - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
RNY on 01/12/12
i will thanks 

KatReDo
on 1/21/12 6:14 am
You need to get creative or it gets old fast (SORRY!). My rule per my doc is anything I can mush with a fork......What I have tried or eat are things like refried beans with a bit of cheese and salsa, greek yogurt is great,  I have mixed SF jello, SF pudding and even advacodos into it. Someone posted a great and super easy recipe for white chili: 1 can chicken, 2 cans of white beans, 1 liter of chicken broth. 1 can of green chilies, cumin, and fresh cilantro REALLY TASTEY!. Scrambled eggs (they do not sit the best with me. I have had beef stew, egg salad, cottage cheese, chicken salad, I really like the baby bell cheese light for a snack. I do have problems with tuna, it can be dry sometimes. Check out www,theworldaccordingtoeggface.com....she has really good recipes and hints to try as well a Nik who is on OH.  Good luck and if you think of anything good let me know!
poet_kelly
on 1/21/12 6:19 am - OH
Refried beans topped with taco sauce and shredded cheddar.

Ricotta cheese topped with spaghetti sauce and shredded parmesan.

Your favorite chili, pureed.

Pureed tuna salad or chicken salad.

Greek yogurt with spenda and your favorite fruit, pureed.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

boneswag
on 1/21/12 6:23 am
Cream of wheat
cream soups
mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/12 8:08 am
 FISH, FISH, FISH! I have been eating fish once sometimes twice  a day. 

I love using blackening seasoning on flounder the best. It takes about 4 minutes per side in the oven, and it's loaded with protein. 

Just be sure not to fry the fish. I don't have much of a taste for tuna fish anymore, but make a great chicken salad from canned chicken. 

Good Luck Ohioman

Pam
talula216
on 1/21/12 3:46 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
I am new to the pureed foods too,  Tonight my daughter made chicken thighs,  I took the skin off and took the chicken off the bone  I had some butternut squash,  I mixed it together added a bit of turkey gravey for moisture, Ran it through the food processor  It was very good,  I been eating tuna, cream soups.   This week I am going to try fish with lemon I thought I could add a bit of tartar sauce for the mositure,  I have some family coming over this weeken.,  They are bring a meatloaf made with ground turkey.   I will run it through the food processor,

Talula
Starting weight 369

Arieschick33
on 1/22/12 6:22 am - Lusby, MD
RNY on 01/17/12
 I'm 5 days out from surgery and on puréed diet. . My fav has been bean w bacon soup processed. One can is at least 3 meals!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views