sore throat and migranes

Blondie76
on 1/18/12 4:26 am - AL
I had the worst Migrane of my life yesterday. Had some liquid lortab that I managed to keep down after a couple tries. What do you take for migranes now?

I'm also getting a sore throat. Hot lemonade made with honey and ginger has always been a go to. Other than making it with stevia does anyone have any favorite home remedies??

Thanks!!!
owlisn
on 1/18/12 7:26 am - NC
 Imitrex injectible is my lifesaver.  It has an autoinjector and my migraine is usually gone in 15-20 minutes.  I still have plenty of "injection tissue" in my hiney which is where I inject.

As for the sore throat, hot lemon tea works well for me.
Allison

Blondie76
on 1/18/12 7:31 am - AL
Thanks for writing! I'll have to look into Imitrex! I've never had one that bad before!

I've never put lemon in tea. Will try that too! Drinking Melaleuca tea mixed with raspberry tea now.
owlisn
on 1/18/12 7:29 am - NC
You may want to think about all of the symptoms you are having too.  I had a wicked migraine on Thurs/Fri that was kinda dull through the weekend.  No sore throat, but feeling run down and tired.  Didn't even think about the fact that I could be getting a sinus infection which is very likely.  MD pulled blood today to check.
Allison

Blondie76
on 1/18/12 7:33 am - AL
You'd think at my age I'd think of things like this.....still don't even as much as I get them! I bet you're right....plus we just had a MAJOR shift in weather! That never helps things.
Colby B.
on 1/18/12 7:43 am - Veradale, WA
I agree, the Imitrex injection works well for me. If you can handle giving yourself an injection, it's definitely the way to go. Another one that works for a lot of RNY'ers is the Maxalt dissolvable tablet that goes under your tongue. I tried that one and it didn't work for me but I know that many people have a lot of success with it.

HW: 356, SW: 325, CW: 241, GW: 220
Blondie76
on 1/18/12 7:49 am - AL
Thanks Colby. I think I could do it. Needles don't bother me. Where would I get Maxalt? Is it OTC or Rx?
Colby B.
on 1/19/12 12:27 am - Veradale, WA
It's a prescription. Your GP should prescribe without any problem.

HW: 356, SW: 325, CW: 241, GW: 220
Loveshinesthru
on 1/19/12 5:17 pm - Mesa, AZ
 I take imitrex in pill form. I break it in half.  
you might want to look at whether or not you have strep. I get migraine like headaches with strep. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Blondie76
on 1/19/12 8:01 pm - AL
Thank you all for your help!
Colby, I'm going to check into that. See if I can get some to carry with me.
Love, its not strep yet but defiantly something weird going on!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 68 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views