Incisions?

marandaharper
on 1/16/12 2:11 am
I'm 4 weeks out today.  One of my incisions still hasn't closed.  The other five are looking great.  When I saw my surgeon 3 days ago, he said that it would be fine.  I guess I'm just a little worried.  What was everyone else's recovery like?

LADYBUG 75
on 1/16/12 2:14 am - Indianapolis, IN
Mine was the same...seems like it took forever for the incision where the drain was to completely close up.  But it did eventually! 
Tina

Nothing will work unless you do.-- Maya Angelou

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/12 2:15 am
I didn't have any trouble with my incisions. The one around my belly button took the longest to heal. It seemed to weep a little but not too bad. I am almost two months out and they have been
all healed for quite awhile now.
Annyka
on 1/16/12 2:42 am - Pfafftown, NC
My surgery was 11/29/11, and they are all very visible - the one directly above my belly button is unfortunately also right under the waistband of any pants I wear, so it's taken a bit of abuse from pressure/rubbing of fabric - it's the last to have any active scabbing/falling off - I've got about 1/8 of an inch divot there still. The others are still very visible, but not actively scabbing anymore.
Darcy S.
on 1/16/12 2:45 am - Clinton, CT
 My big one is healed but sore underneath a bit.  One incision is not healing as well but thats the one that they glued and put the wrap on too early and it stuck to it... ewwww so it had a bit more abuse.   My surgery was the day after yours ...Congrats!!!

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

rottielover
on 1/16/12 4:10 am - NC
I still have one that has not healed but it is getting there..Dr said it was the one where the most things went into and that it would take longer than the others. So im sure you will be ok..
yogybooboo
on 1/16/12 7:34 am - IL
My surgery was 5 weeks ago.  I still have 2 incisions that are not healed.  My doctor looked at them and said not to worry about it they were healing from the inside out.   They leaked for quite a while, but would scab over and then the scab would come off.  Slowly they are getting better.

abby04276
on 1/16/12 9:55 am
I am 4 1/2 weeks out and I still have 3 incisions that aren't fully closed. The one on the far right got infected last week and they gave me some iodoform to pack  it with twice a day. I didn't think it was going to heal without antibiotics but it is looking great. I am not too worried about them now.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 350 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 311 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 104 views
Recent Topics
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 104 views