surgeon and preop hospital visit tomorrow

tahoelady1958
on 1/11/12 8:50 am - reidsville, NC
RNY on 01/16/12
i know i posted some of this last week, but, here i am the night before my last surgeon's visit and the preop for the hospital.

i am open to all suggestions as to what to ask the doctor..i have my list in front of me, ready to add things to bring up or ask

also, the hospital said i would be there for a couple of hours tomorrow.  what for?...paperwork and bloodwork maybe?...i had an ekg and chest pic done in august, surely they dont wanna do that again?

thank you all for your input...you have NO idea how much it is appreciated

Rita

momsal
on 1/11/12 8:58 am - PA
I had mine today.     Bssically it was alot of question  my nurse went over what to expect and reinforced the 2 week diet.  ( hate it hate it hate it) I had to have another blood test for my diabetes  but that was the only test I had to have.  As i said it was just alot of info.  Oh  i got my prescriptions to have filled so I had them.   Just think  the next time you have a dr.s appointment  the surgery will be over!!!   
talula216
on 1/11/12 9:04 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
I had my pre-op appt last Wednesday.  I had a EKG.  Blood work and answered a bunch of question.  I talked with the Nurse Practioner reqarding The sedation for surgery.   Bring a book you may be waiting around for a while.

Good luck

Talula
Starting weight 369

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 9:23 am
 My pre op was about the same as the other ladies. But I also had to take all of the current medications and the nurse went through everything with me, wanting to know how much of everything I took, etc. 
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 9:53 am
I saw the surgeon and he reviewed the operation and also ask me if i was aware of the complicatons that can occur. Plus I had an EKG, chest xray and also blood work. Plus i spoke with the admissions department to confirm financial clearance. It did take a little while but it's all worth it!
ladyhoneybee6
on 1/11/12 5:21 pm, edited 1/11/12 5:24 pm
RNY on 01/30/12
Iam also having my pre op appiontment tomorrow nervous and excited getting a step closer it seem so unreal been waiting for these days for so long.good luck.
sccuddlers
on 1/11/12 8:20 pm - Fort Mill, SC
RNY on 01/16/12
 I had mine last week. The doctor one was a breeze other than having to wait a while. The hospital one involved going over all the risks of surgery and having blood drawn and confirming all the registration info.  Good luck!

~Kimberly  visit me at learn.love.live.

The 3 C's of life: choices, chances and changes ~
You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views