Shake up my shake!

Blondie76
on 1/8/12 9:26 am - AL
Chocolate triggers migranes so its out. I have vanilla protein powder. What do you add to yours to change up the taste?

I've tried cheesecake pudding mix, pistachio pudding mix, almond flavoring, orange flavor, strawberry, and peanut butter but will wait to do that again til the pb2 shows up.

Thanks!
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/8/12 9:32 am
I mix it into my coffee with sf syrup for a "latte." 
I mix the protein powder with the syrup first to make a paste then add the coffee.  You can't add protein powder to hot liquids without getting a major clumpy mess that you can't drink.

I have this every day for breakfast.  If I haven't gotten enough protein in for the day I sometimes have another one at night.

Winnie

Blondie76
on 1/8/12 9:43 am - AL
Thanks Winnie! I do that in the mornings sometimes. I'm still working on getting used to the taste. Never thought to make one at night. That sounds very comforting, thanks for the idea!!
myminime
on 1/8/12 9:47 am - Eugene, OR
Some cinnamon, ginger and clove or nutmeg makes it into a chai-wannabe shake.

I've been wanting to try the pumpkin pie recipe I've read posted on here - add a bit of pureed pumpkin, and some pumpkin pie spice and blend it. It sounds yummy, but I still haven't done it!
HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

Blondie76
on 1/8/12 8:26 pm - AL
Ohhhh, I love chai! What a great idea. Thank you!!

Ps. I see you're from Eugene.....I used to spend as much time there as I could! What a beautiful place to call home!! Do you ever go to the country fair?
myminime
on 1/9/12 1:41 pm - Eugene, OR
 It is beautiful :)  We are pretty spoiled around here.  And moldy due to rain.

I am such a bad Eugene-ian and still haven't been to the country fair!  I know tons of people that do though - it's quite the event around here!
HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

Blondie76
on 1/9/12 8:09 pm - AL
Haha, well, the country fair isn't for everyone. Im friends with a family who helped found it so used to camp with them for the weekend. Always had a blast just people watching! I haven't been since I moved to 'Bama.
poet_kelly
on 1/8/12 10:10 am - OH
My favorite is a spoonful of instant decaf coffee.  I also like to throw a vanilla shake in the blender with half a banana.  Butterscotch pudding mix is also good.  And I've done raspberries, fresh or frozen.  I like my shakes in the blender with a handful of ice for the most part.  And they are all extra yummy with a spoonful of Cool Whip free on top, plus they look pretty that way.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Blondie76
on 1/8/12 8:29 pm - AL
Thanks Kelly! I LOVE the banana idea! I'm going to try your other ideas too! Will have to get some whipped cream to put on top for a pretty shake! I'm worth it!!
poet_kelly
on 1/9/12 12:00 am - OH
Put it in a pretty glass, too.  I swear that makes it taste better!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views