Am i eating toooo much?

lastchanceslim46
on 1/7/12 11:18 pm
I am 5 weeks out now and log my food.  I am eating around 700-800 calories a day.  I drink one protien shake a day and I am getting about 60 grams of protein daily, some days I fall a little short.  I dont have many issues with food accept meat, like most everybody.  I get the foamies now and then, sugar doesnt bother me AT ALL.  I have NEVER had a dumping episode.  I lost 35# before surgery, 12# in the liquid phase and in 5 weeks have lost 20#, lost that in the first 2 weeks.  I have lost only 5# in the last 3 weeks.  IAM REALLY SCARED that I am eating toooo much and that is why the weight loss is slowed.  Getting depressed sooo afraid of failing, and dont want to starve my self like I have in the past.
poet_kelly
on 1/7/12 11:22 pm - OH
How do you know sugar doesn't bother you?  What have you been eating with lots of sugar in it so early out?  Those things will slow your weight loss down, plus you need the space in your pouch for protein right now.

You are not eating too much.  In fact, you may need to increase your calories a bit.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lastchanceslim46
on 1/7/12 11:43 pm
Ashamed to admit it, but had a reeses peanut butter cup.  I also had a half slice of pumpkin pie for a meal over the holidays.
poet_kelly
on 1/7/12 11:46 pm - OH
It will be OK to eat treats later on, but right now you need the pouch space for protein.  If you're barely getting 60 grams, you just don't have room for pie or candy right now.  I do know how hard it is to resist those things sometimes, but just remind yourself you can eat them later and that you need to focus on protein for now.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lastchanceslim46
on 1/7/12 11:51 pm
Thank you, you are so right,  Just because I can eat those I shouldnt.  I wish I was one who couldnt eat sugar! 
timetoloveme62
on 1/8/12 12:20 am - VA
 I haven't tried anything with sugar yet, I am 3 weeks out but I have myself convienced that I will dump and that I can't tolerate sugar.  So far it has kept the sugar monster away, I hope this continues...

You can get back on the wagon and push the protein, you aren't going to let yourself fail this time...keep telling yourself that failure is NOT an option.

Melanie

nfarris79
on 1/8/12 12:37 am - Germantown, MD
 800 cal is not too much. However, your protein consumption may be too little. Try focusing on protein, whether it be thru shakes, meat or dairys. Stalls happen thru this process. Your body will adjust on its own terms. Sometimes you'll feel like you're losing pretty well and others the scale moves at the progress of a glacier - which is why the scale should NOT determine your feelings of success. 

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Holly O.
on 1/8/12 1:04 am - FL

If your not getting enough protein in that in itself will slow you down.  I am almost 7 months out.......100 g. protein a day....1200 calories a day.  When I eat sweets I get very tired, latheragic..........I stay away, agood lesson learned for me.  I am down to losing my last 20 lbs. so I am focusing on the rules!!

Holly                                      
lilbear412
on 1/8/12 2:52 am - MN
 I am almost 5 months out...i concentrate on protein and i am getting in aboutt 70 grams a day..the one single thing for ME i have noticed is if i am not getting my fluids in 1) i get hungry faster 2) i don't lose weight very fast.  So my daily goal is to drink as much as i can and whenever i do that i start losing.  Its the easiest thing to do and probably the most neglected part of most peoples diets..Oh and i eat less than 1000 calories a day..

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

lastchanceslim46
on 1/13/12 10:15 pm
Thank you everybody.  I am focusing on the protein, got in 72 grams yesterday.  I hope this helps, Iam not stalled just losing 1-2# a week.  Alot of trouble to go thru for that.  However its pounds lost, better than a stall.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics