When do you get hungry

abby04276
on 1/7/12 10:46 am
I am 3 1/2 weeks out and I haven't been hungry yet(not complaining at all) I was wondering when you actually if ever get hunger pains. I'm only eating because I have to to get everything in.
april89love
on 1/7/12 11:12 am - NC
That is different for everybody. It was months before I really felt hungry.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/7/12 11:17 am - OH
some people never get it back.  I am 4.5 years out and I still don't get physically hungry.  My blood sugar drops if I go too long without eating (and then I get shaky, lightheaded, etc.) but that's all.  That does not mean that the head hunger and food cravings don't come back, though, because they DO!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Linda W.
on 1/7/12 11:23 am - Clearlake, CA
I am 1 1/2 years out, and I don't get hungry either.  I do get cravings and head hunger, but as far as feeling hungry, I don't.  I can avoid most cravings if I just don't give in to the urge to eat something I shouldn't, like bread or pasta.  Once I eat some, I have to have more, so I avoid it. 
Linda    
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 11:49 am
The only time I have felt hunger is if I go 7 hours or more without eating.  Like if I go shopping and just forget about eating.  
Zeigled
on 1/7/12 11:46 am - Parkton, MD
I don't get hungry either - just have cravings even though I'm not hungry.
HW 357 SW 341   

qnmimi
on 1/7/12 12:17 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I felt real rumbly hunger pains before my 3 month check up. Everyone is different. I do experience all types of hunger...head, empty feeling and rumbly kinds. Head hunger is by far the worst!!

Bonnie_wbm
on 1/7/12 2:02 pm - FL
I have not actually been hungry yet and I am only out 3 months and one week. I have gotten shaky and a little light headed before but no hunger pains. Congrats on the surgery and you will be very happy with the progress! Good luck to you!

SW 330 GW 135 CW 241    
Kermit P.
on 1/7/12 11:09 pm
I felt hunger within a month after surgery.  As you can tell from the above posts, many people do not experience "real" hunger for sometime.   Be grateful and hope it lasts awhile for you.

Good luck!
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
LJ1972
on 1/8/12 1:50 am - FL
I started getting hunger pangs around month 3. There are still many days when I don't feel hunger at all.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 82 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 82 views