People Magazine can SUCK IT!

Lisa R.
on 1/3/12 1:15 pm - CA
So I am just at the store picking up dog food and i see the new People magazine.

It has a picture of 2 thin women in skinny jeans and high heels and the writing say "Half Their Size, how they did it!"  "No surgery, no gimmicks, real results"

REALLY!!  A f#%*ing magazine just judged me!  Since I decided to have surgery I don't have real results?

This is why people look at me like I "cheated" when they ask how I lost so much weight and I tell them surgery, cause magazines like THAT ONE!  

So SUCK IT people magazine!  I'm not reading you anymore, and I think I might just respond to that cover and maybe they might even print my reply but I will never know since I will never read that stupid magazine again!  Judgmental jerks!

I've been MIA for about a month now, but I'm back.....and this is what brought me back!  Needing to vent about this magazine!  Well, whatever gets you back right!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Used2Bthin
on 1/3/12 1:17 pm - Canada
So true.  I had someone once say I did it the easy way.  EASY ya right.  I spend hours a day in the food ritual.  Can't drink for the next 30 minutes, eat slow, cant drink your another 3 minutes.  People teasing me about my extremly small portions.  Eating vitamins as if they were candy.  Trust me this is alot of work and it last a life time.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Kat Kat
on 1/3/12 1:32 pm - AZ
Okay, I have one question. I've lost weight through diet and exercise, and now through WLS , SO..... what are the "Gimmicks" they're talking about?  

Oh , and not to be mean, but I wonder how long they'll maintain their weight loss.

Kat

Ladytazz
on 1/3/12 1:40 pm
They have been doing that for quite a while, haven't they?  Why don't they do a story on the people they have featured in the past and see how well they have done keeping the weight off.  My guess is, if they are like most of the statistics then by 5 years about 95% will have regained their weight.  
I never see any magazine covers that show someone who has lost a lot of weight and kept it off for a long time.  Now that would be a story.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/3/12 6:24 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
On January 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM Pacific Time, Ladytazz wrote:
They have been doing that for quite a while, haven't they?  Why don't they do a story on the people they have featured in the past and see how well they have done keeping the weight off.  My guess is, if they are like most of the statistics then by 5 years about 95% will have regained their weight.  
I never see any magazine covers that show someone who has lost a lot of weight and kept it off for a long time.  Now that would be a story.
They actually did do a follow up on one person from each past issue.  Some had regained, but none had regained all.  Perhaps they only interviewed people who hadn't.

jkay05
on 1/3/12 2:05 pm
lol sorry, it might be because it's late...but your post made me laugh. I totally agree you just have such a way with words.lol

Reel
on 1/3/12 2:08 pm
The reality is that if we did not have surgery, we would not have the results that we have. That doesnt mean that we dont try hard, that our group does not work out, or that we don't eat right. Articles like this dont bother me, and neither do folks thinking or saying "you took the easy way out". You know why? Because I dare them to show me just 1 person that they know personally that took off over 100 pounds and kept it off for 5 years or better. I guarantee that they will not be able to point to such a person. So let folks be with "their" opinons, just like butt holes, everyone has one. Hopefully we had surgery for ourselves and not for other people. I know I did. 

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

YankeeRose
on 1/3/12 2:17 pm - Meadville, PA
Lisa so good to see you back. I haven't been on as much either but I try to check in a couple times a week. How are you doing?

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Lisa R.
on 1/4/12 6:05 am - CA
 Hi Sweetie!  I'm good!  I had a BAD BAD December eating wise. I was a bit ashamed to come here with all the cookies and candy and crap I ate this past holiday season.  I did not gain but I did not lose.  I am still about 8 pounds from goal.  I am finding it not too hard to get back on track.  I let myself go a bit, with permission.  I also had my knee surgery and it went well but being stuck in the house for a week and bored did not help with my eating.

How about you?  How did you do this holiday season?

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
seattledeb
on 1/3/12 6:01 pm
 The reality is that they run the exact same story every year.  It's like that weight loss is more "noble" or something.
I usally read them a month later in doctor's offices. I always like to hear their processes.
I don't think weight loss surgery is the only way to lose weight but for me it was the most successful.
Deb T.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 77 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??