Just So Frustrated What Am I To Do.....Food Issues???

Veronica H.
on 1/1/12 8:24 am - Highland, CA
RNY on 12/09/11 with
So I'm feeling very frustrated and dont know what to do food wise.....Everything and i mean everything i eat makes me so sick real bad nausea and nothing seem's to taste the same and i have a nasty taste in my mouth all the time and its crazy cause i'm never hungry....I haven't ate anything in like 2 days because i dont want to feel sick hrs later and i know thats not good but i'm just so tired of been sick.....what could be the problem and is there anything i can do?????Thanks in Advice!!!

The Ability To Convert Ideas To Things Is The Secret To Outward Success.... Vhicks82

poet_kelly
on 1/1/12 8:31 am - OH
You need to call your doc.  You shouldn't feel that sick all the time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Veronica H.
on 1/1/12 8:44 am - Highland, CA
RNY on 12/09/11 with
I spoke with him last week abouy this issue and he said i might be eatting too much but i thouht ok maybe so i tryed just eating like a teaspoon of food and hrs later i still get sick
But i'm gon call him tomorrow!!!

The Ability To Convert Ideas To Things Is The Secret To Outward Success.... Vhicks82

poet_kelly
on 1/1/12 8:45 am - OH
Do you have meds for nausea?  If not, ask for zofran or something similiar when you call tomorrow!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Veronica H.
on 1/1/12 8:52 am - Highland, CA
RNY on 12/09/11 with
No i dont and i will make sure i do thanks.....

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/1/12 8:32 am - OH
What have you tried to eat that has been making you sick? (We cannot really make any suggestions without knowing what you have been trying and what kinds of foods you are cleared by your surgeon to have.) 

Are you not drinking any protein shakes?!? 

Have you talked to your surgeon's office?  They can give you medication to help with nausea. 

Are you getting in enough fluids? Dehydration can cause nausea.

It is normal to not be hungry, and some people do have problems with nausea, but it is odd that you say you feel sick hours after you eat.  Most people who have trouble feel ill shortly after eating.  Continuing to not eat at all will only make you feel worse.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Veronica H.
on 1/1/12 8:50 am - Highland, CA
RNY on 12/09/11 with
I'm on pureed foods i eat mashed potatoes and soups thats pretty much it

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 2:42 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Honey, don't eat mashed potatoes.  Pureed soups with added unflavored protein (available at GNC or online at Unjury.com) are a good thing.

Find a good protein shake and use it. 

My surgeon had me use Prilosec OTC for the first six weeks or so to combat the nausea and it really helped.  You don't have to use a prescription drug unless you really want to.

And nausea is often a sign of dehydration, so please be sure you are getting five 20 oz bottles of water daily.

Good luck
Ladytazz
on 1/1/12 8:46 am
Things will taste differently because you are in ketosis.  That is what causes your breath to be bad, too.  If you are nauseaus then you need to call your doctor because he can give you something for that.  In the meantime make sure you get enough to drink because dehydration is a very real risk at this point.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Veronica H.
on 1/1/12 8:56 am - Highland, CA
RNY on 12/09/11 with
Oh wow how long will that last????? And yea i dont want to go back down that road i was hospitalize twice within two weeks for dehydration

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views