Need suggestions on Protein bars....

shellbell75
on 1/1/12 12:44 am
I am looking for a protein bar that is low carb/high protein that tastes pretty good. All the ones I am finding have so many carbs in them and I am really sensitive to carbs. I have no problem ordering on-line if I have to.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

poet_kelly
on 1/1/12 12:48 am - OH
Atkins.  I like the chocolate chip granola bar one with 17 grams protein.  I forget how many carbs but it's low.  It only has one gram of sugar, I think.  And doesn't taste like a protein bar at all, tastes like a regular chewy granola bar.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

exohexoh
on 1/1/12 3:34 am - West Chester, PA
 my issue is i don't like granola/crunchy things in mine. i used to like the balance bars but can't get into them again. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

dufiedog
on 1/1/12 4:30 am
Quest bars are wonderful.  You can order them online at Questbars.com

grmadeb01
on 1/1/12 5:36 am - FL
you can go to baratic foodie, niks site, she gave a great review of each of the flavors from the quest bars...that is why i ordereed them...and you can order them from her site..which i did not know at the time..sorry nik, or i would have ordered from her site..but i will next time...the quest bars just came out with some new flavors too....i got the viariety box, 2 bars of each flavor, i have only had the chocolate brownine one so far...i cant not eat a full bar at a time, i keep them in my purse for when i am out and about so i can take a bite or 2 when needed...i try not to get things with very many sugar alcohols in the, or asparteme in them, it give me migrines...sorbitol is a laxitive so sends me to the toilet for long visits..., and the quest bars have the least amount of processes things in them...
check out Niks site for the reviews...it was great
have a great day
debby
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/1/12 8:14 am
Pure Protein bars are 200 cal. and 20 grams of protein.  They are low in sugar.  I'm not sure of total carbs.  I buy a case (3 boxes) at Sam's.  1 box of chocolate chip (my kids' favorite), 1 box of chocolate peanut butter (my favorite), and 1 box of double chocolate.

I tried samples of Quest and they are very good but a little pricey.  I have also had several Atkins bars.  They are good too but you need to check since not all are high in protein.  They are all low in carbs. 

Winnie

hlacy
on 1/1/12 12:15 pm - Chandler, AZ
My vote is on Quest and Pure Protein bars - YUM!!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 456 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 525 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 509 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 397 views
Recent Topics