Posting pis

StephanieRN
on 12/28/11 2:53 am - IN
I have tried to post pics for my "avatar" and had no luck.  It says the image is too big no matter how little it is.  ANyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions?  Just want my friends to have a face for the name.  thanks

UK_Longhorn
on 12/28/11 4:25 am
I had the same problem, I just kept cropping my pi****il it was small enough for the requirements.  It was a pain in the butt!  Good Luck!!

icnside
on 12/28/11 4:31 am - Chesapeake, VA
I am glad to see that I am not the only one!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 5:43 am - FL
DS on 01/13/12
Oh good I'm not completely stupid lol I have the same problem tried like 4 crops and still too big
lerkhart
on 12/28/11 8:06 am

Try this website.  www.shrinkpictures.com
Create Avatar. 
I think the maximum is 100 pixels.

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Keeves
on 12/28/11 8:31 am - Elizabeth, NJ
lerkhart's suggestion is probably simpler, but I already typed out all the steps I followed last week, so I may as well post it. There are lots of variations, such as the "Crop" mentioned by Robricc.

Assuming that you're using Windows, try this:

1) Find the picture you want to use

2) Go to the Start menu, Accessories, and run Paint

3) Open that picture file

4) Click Image, and then Attributes. It will show you the width and height in pixels.

5) You want the picture to be 100x100 pixels. Your picture is probably much larger and has stuff you don't want.

6) Find the rectangle on the left side, and use it to make a square around the part of the picture that you want.

7) Go to Edit, and Copy. That part of the picture can now be pasted elsewhere.

8) Go to File, and New. It will ask if you want to save the changes. No, you don't.

9) You now have a blank area. Go to Edit, and Paste. Your little picture now appears.

10) Click Image, and then Attributes. You now see the width and height of this picture.

11) It's probably too tall. Go back to Step 8, and try for a square this time! Repeat as necessary, or else your picture will get distorted on the boards.

12) Once it is a good square, you'll have to shrink it to the 100x100 size. Use the "Stretch" tool for this. Keep in mind that the word "Stretch" is misleading -- it can shrink stuff just as easily.

13) For example, if your picture is 500x500, you want to shrink it to 20% of the current size. So go to Image, then "Stretch/Skew", and enter 20% for both the horizontal and the vertical.

14) Check the size again. If it is 100x100, or slightly smaller, you're done! Save the picture and upload it.

15) If it is too large or too small, DON'T use Stretch again. Instead, use Edit and Undo to go back to the previous version. This will help keep your picture as close to the original as possible.

16) So go to Image and "Stretch/Skew" again. Choose another percentage, go back to step 13, and repeat as necessary.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 306 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 225 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 291 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 225 views