Facial rash after carb?

aesposito
on 12/27/11 8:37 am
My surgeon's plan calls for nothing but proteins the first several weeks, then slow introduction of veggies.  My slow introduction started last week, which I think gave me the stupid confidence to eat a half of a biggish biscuit Christmas morning.  (yes, I know a biscuit is not a veggie, but like I said, it was stupid).

Anyway, in addition to vomiting, pooing and feeling generally awful for a few hours (not quite dumping I don't think, but close), I ended up with a horrific rash on my face and neck for the rest of the day.  Not raised or itchy, but definitely ugly.  Merry Christmas to me, not.  Learn from my mistakes, please!

Anyway, anyone else ever get a nasty rash from snarfing a carb?  It was mostly on the right side of my face and neck, blotchy looking, a little on the left too but not as bad as the right. 

Hasn't come back since, but if it does, I'll have to admit my stupidity to my doc and ask him about it.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Cherylkas
on 12/27/11 9:17 am - PA
 could the rash have been due to the puking ? was it violent or did you strain to poo? I only ask as my oldest son gets rashes like that when he does the things I asked.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Pupcake !.
on 12/27/11 9:19 am - Stranded in, IA
I get quite flushed it I have a sugary carb.  It fades but my cheeks are HOT.

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

Paula F.
on 12/27/11 1:15 pm - Rochester Hills , MI
I am only 4 months out and gluten free, so I can't really help you, but are you sure your surgeon said it was ok to introduce bready items (bread, rolls, pasta, etc.) back into your diet already?

Our programs may be different, but we were told in my program a minimum of 6months before reintroducing any bready things.  Perhaps the reaction (dumping, not sure) you had is why?  Like I said, I don't know because I can't have those things anyway.

I would suggest calling your docs office to find out when it is safe to reintroduce and while on the phone explain the reaction you had.  There answer is the best and most acurate you will receive.

Take care,
Paula
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?