3 weeks out new receipe to get in protein

lastchanceslim46
on 12/22/11 12:29 pm
Well protein has been hard to get in.  I got protein powder whey powder from Walmart and here is the receipe.  1 cup of coffee - 1 scoop of chocolate whey powder - 1/4 cup of sugar free liquid coffee mate peppermint mocha flavor.  It packs a 26 gm of protein with about 200 calories.  Do it hot or add a 1/2 cup of ice in a blender for a cold drink, yummo!  Get the creamer and freeze cause its only a holiday item.  Would love any other ideas!
BugdocMom
on 12/22/11 2:29 pm - CA
I have recently been enjoying my coffee with a couple of tablespoons of the sf peppermint mocha creamer and unflavored protein powder...yum. I hadn't even considered freezing it. What a great idea! Have you tried it? Does it thaw normally?

I also add a scoop of chocolate protein powder to a cup of Swiss Miss 25 calorie Diet Hot Cocoa. Not the "no sugar added" kind, that causes me to dump. For me, it just seems easier to sip a warm drink to get get in some extra protein.
lastchanceslim46
on 12/27/11 10:24 pm
I dont freexe the drink, just the creamer.  Because the creamer is only a seasonal item, i got several containers and they said to freeze them so it doesnt spoil.
nikki2092
on 12/22/11 7:15 pm - MI

vanilla chi tea iced ...
steep two bags of chi spice tea in 4 oz ho****er add teaspoon of splenda let cool..

mix
cooled tea
4oz of ff milk
 1 scoop vanilla protien powder

either pour over ice or blend together

30 grams of protien

Nikki        
Price S.
on 12/22/11 8:02 pm - Mills River, NC
decaf coffee, vanilla protein, a shot of vanilla cinammon SF syurp
hot chocolate, chocolate protein, a shot of English toffee SF syurp

The advantage to SF syurp is no calories.  Your liquid must have some calories to bring it to 200

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/27/11 10:29 pm - Baltimore, MD
Not bad. Not bad at all.
lastchanceslim46
on 12/27/11 10:36 pm
There were some others using chai tea and vanilla, bet that would be good.  I think I will try sugar free vanilla soy milk, a chai tea bag and a  scoop of vanilla whey protien mix.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics