Gas Pains after surgery

Ding-E-Girl
on 12/20/11 7:38 pm - MS
    Hi!!  I am one week out now from my Gastric Bypass surgery and I am still so bloated and sore,  epecially under my left rib.    Did everybody else esperience this and if so what did you do about it....sometimes the pain is so shart I cant eat,  drink or move.      
timchase01
on 12/20/11 9:20 pm
 The main port that they do the surgery through is right there by your left rib, which is why it is so sore.  They really stretch and torque that area alot during surgery.  I would say that for me it felt a lot better after 2 weeks and completely better between 3 and 4 weeks.  The other thing that helped me a lot was getting the JP Drain out 1 week after surgery.  I was in terrible pain until they took the drain out, and then after that I was able to just use tylenol for pain instead of the oxicotin.
Annette O.
on 12/21/11 2:59 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
They had distrurbed the muscle there on me that it was in spasm and i had to take muscle relaxers. I'm a side sleeper and it was a good two weeks before i could sleep on either side,
because of the pain on my left side. 
   I promise it will get better! Good luck to you on your journey.
Annette O
Ding-E-Girl
on 12/21/11 8:33 am - MS
    Thanks for the comments.     I was hoping this was somewhat "normal"      Between the rib pain and the dirreah I am just about giving up on being able to eat or drink much.     I know this will get better,    I would still  do it over again tomorrow !!   :) 
Most Active
Recent Topics