What should I do?

ericc11964
on 12/20/11 9:48 pm - NY
 Over the past week I've been experiencing some abdominal pain located just above my belly button. As the week has gone on it gas gotten a little worse each day. Not sure if it's caused by the cold/cough I'm getting over or if something is going on in the inside. I had my Roux-en-Ydone on July 28th. Also I'm still having issues going to the bathroom. I be had this issue since after my surgery and was told to use a softener since it was 5-7 days before I would go. This would help but it seems that it isn't helping as much anymore and still having issues here. Looking for info on what to do. 

Thanks

poet_kelly
on 12/20/11 10:07 pm - OH
Mirilax works well for constipation.  Many of us here use it daily.  As far as the pain, I'd call your doc.  Hard to say what that might be.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jemof2
on 12/20/11 10:25 pm - Shreveport, LA
I've heard that pain above your belly button could be a hernia.  I would def at least call the doc.  As far as the other - it's hard to believe that increasing fiber can help but that's what I was told to do.  Miralax does help and I also would eat a fiber one bar for breakfast every day.  Every little bit helps.
"There are two ways to live life:  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle."  Albert Einstein

Day_dream_believer
on 12/20/11 10:26 pm
I agree with Kelly.  I would call today rather than waiting since it is getting a little worse each day.  With the holiday weekend coming up it is going to be hard to get ahold of a lot of Dr.s.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/21/11 4:44 am
To make sure I get good BM I take magnesium, fat and fiber. I take app 1200+ mg of magnesium daily.  Fat and fiber are critical... but toomuch fiber and not enough wate ror fat - will cause severe constipation- imagine sand in a pipe - if it is dry - it gets stuck... realy badly.

As for the pain - it can be hernia - or ulcers-  call the doc.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics