I am forgetting everything....

timetoloveme62
on 12/18/11 8:46 am - VA
 I am having surgery on Tues and all of a sudden I am at a loss to remember what, when and how I take my vitiamns...how much protein, and everything else.  I think its just nerves because I am so very scared of doing this yet so excited at the same time.   Am I normal???
poet_kelly
on 12/18/11 8:56 am - OH
Normal.  Do you have those things written down for yourself?  It can be really hard to remember right after surgery.  A written vitamin schedule might help.

Something like

Breakfast- protein, multi, calcium, B12, vitamin D3

Lunch - protein, calcium

Snack - protein

Dinner- protein, multi, calcium

Snack- protein, iron

You want at least 60 grams protein a day, so try to get about15 grams per meal/snack.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

allicole1235
on 12/18/11 9:32 am - Chesapeake, VA
 arent we supposed to take the calcium and multi seperate. i usually try to wait 30 mins. is that long enough?

poet_kelly
on 12/18/11 11:46 am - OH
If there is iron in your multi and you want to absorb that iron, you should not take calcium with your multi.  Calcium blocks iron.  However, then you would need to wait at least two hours to take your calcium - 30 minutes is not long enough.

If your multi has no iron, you can take it with your calcium.  Take iron later, at least two hours later.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

angelajula
on 12/18/11 10:30 am - Eldersburg, MD
My Dr says 70-90 protein per day. It is not something good to miss. Crazy things like you hair falling out can happen. Skin, eyes, blood, teeth all need that protein. Also if/when your working out you do damage to your body/muscles, the only way to repare is with protein.
Everybody has one fight. This is mine. ~ Stacie  
O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O
allicole1235
on 12/21/11 10:57 am - Chesapeake, VA
my multi does have iron. man i didnt know that i was only waiting 30 minutes. thanks kelly ill wait 2 hours now
Most Active
Recent Topics