Any Dec.12 people in the house!?

BoomerSooner1
on 12/10/11 5:06 am
 OK, looks like this thing is really going to happen. Booked for Monday morning, Dec. 12 at 7:00 AM. Just wondering what others are doing to prepare on this weekend. I had to work all week doing the pre-op diet , so I was stressed, but also tired from not eating much. Just trying to spend the day decorating for the holidays. If keeps my mind off the bad stuff. I find myself having to fight some fatalistic ideas that pop into my head, such as "this is the last time I'll put up Christmas Lights" or" This could be my last weekend." Anyone else going through that? 
I guess that is silly, but there up and downs. I did write letters to my wife and kids to open "just in case" and it was hard to do but made me feel a little better.
Tomorrow I'll be too busy to mope. After I take that special magnesium stuff I'll be spending lots of time "working things out" if you know what I mean.
 Don't ask me how we lost to Baylor.  I can't figure it Out either!            
yogybooboo
on 12/10/11 7:53 am - IL

You are not alone in thinking those things.  I go both ways and my favorite thought is next year, I will fit walking around the tree and maybe able to run around it, too.  My surgery is scheduled for Monday morning at 8:45.  I have diabetes and am looking forward to spending less money on prescriptions and maybe more on clothes or something that I really like. 

Good luck,
Ute

redrider
on 12/10/11 12:42 pm
The big things I took care of before sugery were picking an excellent doctor, getting mentally ready,  and getting "right" with God.  On that last one, having the spiritual part handled allowed me to relax and be at peace.  Hope you can achieve the same peace.  
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/11 2:17 pm
MEEEEEE TOOOOOO. MY SURGERY ITS ON THE 12 AT 730 AM.. SUPER SCARED AND OF COURSE EXCITED.. I ALSO WROTE LETTERS TO MY KIDS AND MADE THEM SOME PHOTO ALBUMS OF ME AND THEM TOGETHER " JUST IN CASE" AND I LEFT SOME VIDEOS  RECORDED ON MY PHONE LETTING THEM KNOW HOW MUCH  I LOVE THEM.. ALSO TO MY HUSBAND.. IM GETTING=EVERYTHING DONE I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT MY FAMILY KNOWS I LOVE THEM IN CASE  I DONT MAKE IT.. BESIDES THE NORMAL SCARE THAT EVERYONE GOES TRHU IM EXCITED ..
IM PACKING MY BAG ADDING
ROBE
SLIPPERS
TOILLETRIES
A BOOK TO READ
SO COMFORTABLE CLOTH (FOR WHEN I LEAVE THE HOSPITAL)
AMONG OTHER NECESSARY THINGS

JUST WANT TO WISH YOU GOOD LUCK AND LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS AND IM SENDING ALL OF YOU SOME POSITE VIBES... SEE YOU ALL IN THE LOOSER BENCH... GOD BLESS!!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 311 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 85 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 85 views