Pre Surgery Jitters!

Blooming B.
on 12/9/11 2:38 am - Pittsburg, CA
RNY on 01/04/12
Just like someone is about to get married they get cold feet, that is whats happening for me now pre-surgery. My date is 12/22 and I need to still lose 4lbs and I can't stop eating to save my life. I get scared and start eating. Any suggestions.
Qutee    
Jess6580
on 12/9/11 3:53 am - Sioux Falls, SD
It's really hard, I was scared to death too.  I just kept reminding myself of all the benefits from the surgery which for me 200% outweighed the risks.  I feel pretty good at 1 week post op and would do it all over again.  It's normal to be scared, so you're just like the rest of us!  Just take deep breaths, and think about the rest of your life, and think about that when you want to eat.  You will get those 4lbs off because you are a STRONG person!  Best wishes and good luck!
  HW: 345  SW:329   CW: 226   *16lbs lost pre-op  103 post op so far!*          
Blooming B.
on 12/10/11 3:31 pm - Pittsburg, CA
RNY on 01/04/12
thank you!
Qutee    
badkitten
on 12/9/11 4:39 am
I am 8 weeks out and SO HAPPY that I had the surgery! It took me a good solid 4 weeks to have my energy back but overall I feel great and I am so excited with my weight loss. I feel so much better! Hang in there - it is scary but this is something you are doing for yourself - you have made the decision to save your life and you should be proud of that!!!

Blooming B.
on 12/10/11 3:32 pm - Pittsburg, CA
RNY on 01/04/12
 its full speed ahead, no turning back.
Qutee    
oxfordcat
on 12/9/11 6:28 am - NJ
its normal to be jittery.  But you can do this and you will feel so amazing.  I am only 5 weeks out and feel like a whole new person.  My confidence is better than ever.  My energy is higher.  This was my best gift to myself.

You just need to take one day at a time.  You will make good food choices because you WANT to not HAVE to.  We all believe in you.  Believe in yourself.  You can do this.

Good Luck.

"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
Lorrainecma
on 12/9/11 6:43 am
You can do it!!! Remember you will do the bowel flush the night before. That's a couple of pounds right there. Keep your simple carbs as low as possible!!!!

I got nervous the days before my surgery too, and I got lots of encouragement right here on OH. It really helped me to feel more relaxed with the surgery and it went very well!!! I only took pain meds for the 2 days that I was in the hospital, and I was back at work one week from my surgery!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Good luck,
   Lora

ete77
on 12/9/11 9:11 am - Pittsburgh, PA
 My surgery is right around the corner too and I am scared and have been eating not alot but whatever I want.  My DR doesnt require a liquid fast but I might do one a few days before surgery.

Ete 

Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
Tony Robbins

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/11 3:01 pm

my surgery is on 12/12 monday.. im very scared, for me the whole" not waking up thing" is what scares me and the risk of blood clots.. i have done research and the risk are mininal, i have been trying to loose weight  to minanize the risk of complications during surgery, the more weight you loose the better...

im freaking out i have 2 little ones that i look at and wonder what happens to them if i dont make it....but then i ask my self  "whats the quality of life that im giving them? and im sad to say that its horrible.. i cant even take them to the park, i cant run around with them because i get tired easyly, i dont go to social gathereing and i make them miss other kids birthdays parties because im embaressed of my weight .. being over weight not only does it affect me and my health it effects those around me and they too suffer... all you have to do is have faith in god and in your dr. and put your life in gods hands...

you will be fine, dont you worry..the lord is with you...

god bless and i will keep you in my prayers...

Blooming B.
on 12/10/11 3:47 pm - Pittsburg, CA
RNY on 01/04/12
Thank you I will keep you in my prayers too, matter fact we can put or prayers out right now.

Father God, In the Name of Jesus, Lord we ask you to cover us as we go in the surgery room, touch the doctors and the entire staff. We ask Lord that you guide the hand of the surgeon as he/she performs the procedure, because we know Lord that you are all seeing and all knowing and able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we can ask or think. So Lord right now we ask that you set before us an army of angles that will encamp around us and protect us and war on are behalf and against any wicked assignment of the enemy as we walk this journey to the surgery room and thereafter. Lord we ask that you protect or children as we go into the hospital, let everything that is needed to be set in order be done according to you will, Father.  Lord we ask you to give us a successful weight loss, let there be no complications and and let it be all for your Glory. IN THE NAME OF JESUS WE PRAY!!!
AMEN!!

I had to put on the whole armor, no today I am no longer afraid because My God is with me at all times. God Bless you my Sister!
Qutee    
Most Active
Recent Topics