Anyone ever heard of this??

Monica G.
on 12/6/11 12:32 pm - North Aurora, IL
Has anyone ever heard of plain old water giving you stomach pains??  I mean seriously sharp stomach pains too.  It's always after I drink regular plain water, it's not like I am guzzling it or anything either.  It's crazy. 
Goes away if I eat something though

Monica

way2kay
on 12/6/11 12:46 pm - Crosby, TX
 i'm only two weeks out, but i'm having the same problem...i find it easier to suck on sugar free popsicles, so i have started freezing toothpic handles in ice cubes...it's a means to an end i guess...hope u feel better soon!
Kay

Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another "What! You too?  I thought I was the only one!!"           - C.S. Lewis    
immafatgirl
on 12/6/11 1:03 pm - KY
i like ur idea. i find it helpful to eat on crushed ice too.
Kat Kat
on 12/6/11 1:22 pm - AZ
Plain water bothers me if it's the1st thing I try when I start my day. I prime my stomach when I get up by taking my morning pills with a protein shake. After tha****er isn't a problem unless I go for a long time without drinking or eating. 

Kat

FinallyFit1
on 12/6/11 8:33 pm
My surgery was May 2010 and I still can't drink plain water. I use crystal light all the time. I always have it with me. I just wish the sweets would act the same way as the water does. lol
Monica G.
on 12/6/11 8:50 pm - North Aurora, IL
I need to buy stock in Crystal Light because that is all I drink too.  I am 3 1/2 years out and every once in a while I try the plain water and it bothers me!  I'm glad that I am not the only one though!  lol

Monica

iisme
on 12/6/11 9:08 pm
Monica...
Mine did when I was a new post-op but I see you have had your RNY for quite awhile. Mine tapered off and I don't have those issues anymore.

10 pounds loss pre-op
Cherylkas
on 12/6/11 10:05 pm - PA
 I can not drink plain water but can put a drop of Mio in it and be fine. I was told by a doc that it is the tension level of the water that is causing the discomfort. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

CHELLEYGIRL
on 12/7/11 1:18 am - PALMDALE, CA
I have heard of this, one of my good friends has this problem. as for me it seems all i can stand to drink is plain water. That and my protein shake is all i drink, besides the occasional sip of OJ. and some decaf coffee.
Michelle

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

ready_2_live
on 12/7/11 2:56 am - Niceville, FL
 I had my RNY in Feb. 2010. Pre-op, I drank mostly plain water all of the time because I have just always loved it. Post-op, plain water hurt my stomach for a few months, but with Crystal Lite, it didn't. Go figure.

However, a little after a year post-op, plain water began to hurt my stomach again. Long story short, that was just the first sign of what turned out to be an ulcer. I'd watch it and watch for any other symptoms, too because an ulcer SUCKS, let me tell you! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views