feel so defeated right now....

timetoloveme62
on 12/2/11 1:23 am - VA
 I was scheduled for surgery on Monday and all was good....UNTIL today the insurance called my doctor and told them that the need to review this more and are not authorizing it at this time.  I now know what a balloon feels like to be deflated.  I am so down, I was prepared and ready and then to be told not anymore...I HATE INSURANCE  I feel sick about this and just want to give up.  I won't but at the moment I don't see a light.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/2/11 1:25 am - Baltimore, MD
Hugs. Hang in there. You are worth the fight.
poet_kelly
on 12/2/11 1:40 am - OH
I'm sorry.  I imagine you must feel very defeated.

They scheduled surgery before you had approval?  Hopefully it all works out.  Remember you can appeal if they deny it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

littleskie
on 12/2/11 3:10 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Don't let it stop you. It's just a bump in the road. You can ride right on over it and keep going. Just cause they want to review more doesn't mean they won't approve and if they do then appeal, appeal, appeal.

You will get thru this, get your doctors office to help you if you can. My pcp's office will bend over backwards to help me, even my pain management doctor offered to help me when I started the whole process.

Just don't give up!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

ElleBW
on 12/3/11 3:17 am - WA
Wow, that's awful! You will make it through this and your light will reappear! Try to do something nice for yourself. Treat yourself extra gentle right now. The best thing you said is that you won't give up and that's really positive! Do what you can to get through and soon you will get a new date and this whole mess will be a faint memory. I'm so sorry. Hang in there!!!

Elle BW
Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.                                                                                        
                                                                                               Paulo Coelho    

Most Active
Recent Topics