Where to find nutritional information

truthbenaked
on 11/24/11 11:00 pm, edited 11/24/11 11:01 pm
Good Morning,

I am trying to find a website that will give me a somewhat accurate protein count on whatever food I search for. I have become frustrated just trying to find the protein count of turkey. For instance, livestrong has the following stats:
 6 slices = 8 grams
 7 slices = 18 grams
 one ounce of deli meat = 4 grams
 four ounces of smoked turkey = 5.7 grams

I would like to be able to weigh out 3 ounces and know the protein amount. Of course today I'm looking for turkey but this comes up all the time. If you have a reliable source for this information please share. Thanks!

Debra P.
on 11/25/11 12:03 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Try fitday.com  and recipe calculator with figure the nutritional info of recipes. 

poet_kelly
on 11/25/11 12:08 am - OH
I'll tell you how you can estimate it.  One ounce of meat has about seven grams of protein.  It may vary slightly from one meat to another, but that is pretty close.

I think your best bet would be to get the info off the package of any food that comes in a package.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 11/25/11 12:34 am
calorieking.com has lots of nutritional values even for restaurant menus if you want to decide what to order befire you get there.

Winnie

M M
on 11/25/11 12:36 am
World's Healthiest Foods Profile for TURKEY.
rbednarski
on 11/26/11 5:47 am
RNY on 04/23/10 with
On November 25, 2011 at 7:00 AM Pacific Time, truthbenaked wrote:
Good Morning,

I am trying to find a website that will give me a somewhat accurate protein count on whatever food I search for. I have become frustrated just trying to find the protein count of turkey. For instance, livestrong has the following stats:
 6 slices = 8 grams
 7 slices = 18 grams
 one ounce of deli meat = 4 grams
 four ounces of smoked turkey = 5.7 grams

I would like to be able to weigh out 3 ounces and know the protein amount. Of course today I'm looking for turkey but this comes up all the time. If you have a reliable source for this information please share. Thanks!
The USDA has a very comprehensive and detailed nutrition database.

www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Highest ever: 390    Weight at 1st appt.: 365   Weight at surgery: 346

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?