Snacks

tanya_valintino
on 11/21/11 8:12 am - CA
 Can anybody recommend snacks that are good to eat between meals. I just found out that I'm lactose intolerant so cheese and yogurt are out right now. Thank you 
poet_kelly
on 11/21/11 9:14 am - OH
Well, you could do soy yogurt or soy cheese, if you like those things.  But other options include nuts, roasted chickpeas (one of my favorites these days), sliced apple with peanut butter, protein bars, protein shakes, beef jerky, sliced deli meat, hard boiled egg, leftovers from meals, fruit (I would eat with some cheese, soy cheese in your case I guess, to keep my blood sugar even).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tanya_valintino
on 11/21/11 8:55 pm - CA
Thank you Kelly. I'll check out the soy yogurt and cheese. :) 
devasinger
on 11/21/11 9:42 am - Baltimore, MD
Sugar free ice pops even in the cold are great!  I found pretzel bows from Bariatric Choice with 12 grams of protein are wonderful.  I also found a protein bar called Smart Protein (chocalet caramel nut)  that taste like a snickers bar and has 25 grams of protein.  I love to chew sugarfree Spearmint gum too!  Enjoy!

stlfocus
on 11/21/11 10:21 am - IA
Regarding chewing gum, I was advised against it. If you accidentally swallow the gum, your pouch cannot digest it or pass it through. It may have to be removed through a scope of some sort.
Price S.
on 11/21/11 10:26 am - Mills River, NC
Maybe a different thought.  Our plan is for 4-5 meals a day, each meal being protein and veggie/fruit/whole grain.  Snacks and thinking about snacks is what gets some folks in trouble.  Mindless eating, bad choices, etc.  So if I think about having meals instead of snack, I tend to eat healthier, higher protein, no refined carbs, etc.  Always protein first.  If I have a protein decaf coffee or 2, then breakfast, then hot tea, the lunch and more liquid, 4pm meal, and more liquid, supper and a protein shake before bed, there is no time for snacks and I have been eating healthy all day.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

seashell6417
on 11/21/11 12:08 pm - Gaylord, MN

If sodium is not an issue for you jerkey is an easy snack to keep in a purse, glove box, desk drawer, etc. 

Tami

tanya_valintino
on 11/21/11 8:49 pm - CA
 Thank you for all the suggestions. I found Snackwells Peanut Butter bars they have 8 grams of protein. I was looking more for something I can keep in my purse while I'm out. Yesterday I was at Walmart and all of a sudden I got "pass out" feeling. I even ate peanut butter in the car on the way there. Maybe I shouldn't have put snacks as the title of this post. What kind of beef jerkey do you recommend? Is there 1 thats not as tough as others?
seashell6417
on 11/22/11 9:23 am - Gaylord, MN
I like tougher jerkey because I can chew it for a while.  Weird, huh?  I usually buy Jack's Links.  They have several spicier flavors that I love.
Tami

tanya_valintino
on 11/22/11 10:23 am - CA
 Thank you. I have another friend who suggested Jacks's links. I'm going to try that. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics