Question for Poet Kelly

mreid73030
on 11/16/11 8:48 am

Could you please give my your recipe  that pumpkin cheesecake stuff you are always talking about using the greek yogurt.  I found a recipe online, but it didn't have the yogurt. 
Thanks in advance.

poet_kelly
on 11/16/11 8:55 am - OH
I make a big batch at a time and keep whatever I'm not eating yet in the fridge, but you could mix a smaller amount if you wanted.

I use a 32 oz container of plain fat free Greek yogurt, about one cup pumpkin puree and one package of sugar free cheesecake flavor pudding mix.  I add some splenda and I don't measure it so I can't say how much.  Maybe 1/4 cup?  I hold the jar on its side and shake it twice.  Precise, huh?  Then I add a splash of sugar free caramel syrup, and I know that's not a precise measurement either, and I think the recipe would be fine if you don't have the syrup.

Stir really good.  Put however much you want to eat in a bowl, top with Cool Whip Free and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.  Or pumpkin pie spice.  Or just cinnamon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seashell6417
on 11/16/11 8:59 am - Gaylord, MN
Love, love, love pumpkin cheesecake Greek yogurt!  I use 16 oz yogurt, 1 can (15-16 oz) pumpkin, one box SF cheesecake pudding mix and 1 t pumpkin pie spice.  When I eat it for breakfast I mix in a small palmful Craklin Oat Bran.  The cinnamony flavor of the cereal adds so much yumminess.  I am going to have to try adding the caramel syrup now...thanks, Kelly!
Tami

takqia1
on 11/16/11 9:29 am

On my way to the store...lol... You guys are awesome!

poet_kelly
on 11/16/11 9:38 am - OH
By the way, I am putting this in a graham crust (sugar free, if I can find one) and taking it to Thanksgiving dinner for dessert.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

medasstcheri
on 11/16/11 12:54 pm - MI
 I have been making this and eating it for breakfast and love it!  I also am making this with the flber one crust that Nik makes to take to dinner for Thanksgiving.  I like the sounds of that crust more than the graham crust.  Drizzle some caramel syrup over the top might be a nice touch too!   
And I bought a jar of Red Raspberry sugar free jam and that will be in place of my cranberry sauce this year.   lol   Lots of Turkey, a few veggies and it will be a great dinner!
poet_kelly
on 11/16/11 2:04 pm - OH
I think people at the dinner might not ever realize it's not real cheescare.  At least I dont think they'll know it's yogurt and it'sgood for them.  The fiber one crust probably is better but I gotta stick to simple things here.

I normally don't put it in a crust though.  Just scoop it out with a spoon.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 234 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics